Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I hope they would release a 3G version before the wifi.. of course if the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tfung no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2076720F

Re: Blackberry 8820 (w/ WIFI) Feature comparison & Launch dates.

Advertisement

I hope they would release a 3G version before the wifi.. of course if the 3G version has integrated wifi as well, it would be great....

wildeagle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205AA9A9

I was at a launch party for Rogers and RIM for the 8800 today and talked with one of the guys from RIM about the WiFi.

When asked about it being in the 8800 he said no they took it out because they were unhappy with the performance and setup of it on the 8800. I asked him if it would be in the 8820 and his response was that they would only put back in if they were satisfied that all the problems were worked out as they did not want to ruin the BlackBerry name just to add a feature on unless it worked perfectly.

As for the GPS it was installed on the 8800's that I was playing with (I got a certificate and will be having mine shipped to me next week) as well they had a business partner Telnav there that was showing how to use the turn by turn voice navigation with the BB 8800 (only 10 bucks a month more on your Rogers bill).

gfountain no está en línea Stack level 1

My Cing/ATT biz rep said BB 3G coming in August. Our IT dept confirmed and said our co. is waiting for the 3G in Aug to u/g everyone so we can dump our Cingular Broadband PCMCIA cards for our notebooks - which are on separate accounts as additional data plans. Rep said as someone mentioned before - this is to draw in new users - a quick shot at Moto & MS before they grab too many BB users - but IMO there is still no comparison to BB reliability/push.

g

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

Saw the message about the Rogers 88xx release event invite....did you get a new device from the rep? How much are they going to be offered for from Rogers? Get any freebies?

wildeagle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205AA9A9

I didn't get my new device at the launch party but I did get a little note and was told I would be receiving it by the end of this week . When I asked when they would be officially out they told within two weeks but no word as to how much they would be offered for.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Will the design be that of the 8700 or the 8800? Does anyone know at this point?

zaitochi no está en línea Stack level 1

Wi Fi, GPS, No camera. Can't wait.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Does anyone have an Idea of who the carrier will be yet?
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

BoogieNYC no está en línea Stack level 2

From what I'm hearing the Wifi-enabled version of the 88xx will be thru cingular like the 8800.

tRidLuU no está en línea Stack level 1

i really want one with wifi and gps. This is not fun waiting for a TMo release!!

BigPoppa no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi

Think i will wait for the 8820 on T-Mobile...Probably will have to wait alot longer here in the UK for it.

Publican no está en línea Stack level 1

So - Rogers called today to say our 8800's are in - NO WiFi or 3G. Rogers customer service just refers back to website specs when trying to find out if WiFi coming. Does anyone know - is Rogers going to release 8820 and if so - when? I really want WiFi - and Rogers charges $499.95 for an 8800 - same as I paid for my 8700 last August. I sure don't want to pay it twice if WiFi is coming.

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Looking for a Pin Stack Friend whom I have been Pinning Messages to However My kids accidentally deleted my email on my phone, He is out of N.Florida, Real Name is Murphy Advanced Used and even may a moderator, Please email me his Email Address or Pin#
    Thank You
    Larry

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Does anyone have a more realistic date of release for the 8820 fromTMO? what it will have? Im assumng the "whole works" GPS,CAM,WiFi?
    I spoke to a supervisor tonight who stated the 8800 is official for 4/23, GPS,TELNAV, no wifi< no camera< no spellchecker she stated FOR UPGRADE ONLY on the sheet it stated Retail, and marked next to "Retail" was NA
    When I asked for clarification< she stated she couldnt speak further-
    Wouldnt it be nice if you could order this like a CTO Custom To Order, You want wifi< you order it,you pay for it, you get it- That would be a cheap way of making everyone happy-
    Where would RIM be if it wasnt for us Blackberry Fanatics?

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by BCoop8184
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Anyone have any guesses when Skype will wise up and release Skype for BB. I DEF need a quadband GSM 8800 with wifi and Skype. (Drool here). That's what I need and I am willing to shell out for an unlocked one...
    i have tmo right now and if you unlock the phone (88xx) will you still be able to run t mobwith the data service pack? thanks...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast