Hello, thank you in advance for all your help. I am thinking about getting a ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

mpsnedag no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 8820 Advice.

Advertisement

Hello, thank you in advance for all your help.

I am thinking about getting a new blackberry 8820 from T-Mobile. right now I have the Blackberry pearl. I liked the phone, when it was working. I have had 2 pearls. 2 had to be replaced. The problem i kept coming upon was the fact that after a while of use, the trackball would stop rolling up or down. It would roll physically, but it would stop responding on the screen.

As you know i am thinking about getting the blackberry 8820. What are you likes and dislikes about this phone? Have you ever had a problem with the scroll bar not working on the 8820? any concerns? Should i get this phone?

Thank you very much for your speedy responce. I am thinking about getting this toight. Thank you for your opinions.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    The trackball on the 8820 is the same as that on the Pearl. If you really like the Pearl form factor, why not just get a replacement trackball? (http://www.bbtrackball.com/)

Me, I loved my 8820 - thought it was a truly fantastic device. (but, I like the keyboard on the curve better - though, with the curve you have to chose between wifi and gps).

mpsnedag no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, i heard there wasnt problems with the 8820's trackball really. I heard it was rare that someone had a trackball issue with the 8820. And by the way, they are sending me a replacement phone. However, this would be my 3rd pearl that they are sending me.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's exactly the same trackball assembly (the same part). So, if you're having issues with the trackball getting dirty on the pearl, it's likely you'll have the same issue with the 8820.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I just went from the pearl to my 8820. I absolutely love it. You will loose the camera, so if you won't miss it I would say go for the 8820. The keyboard on it is awesome. As far as trackballs go. I had to replace to pearls because of trackball issues and have not had any troubles so far with my 8820. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BB1USER no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Trackerball on eBay

I've purchased a trackerball off eBay recently and it fixed my problem; I can now scroll up.

Seller: ukfonebitz

Give me a PM and I'll send you a link.

Hope this helps anyone else..

John