56 68.29%
  • no its just right

13 15.85%
  • Im going to cingular to get one

6 7.32%
  • Im waiting for the 8320 anyways, even though it going to 700 dollars

7 8.54%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Comparing that they are the same exact phone but the cing 8800 is 150 dollars ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Blackberry 8800 tmo version *overpriced*

Advertisement

Comparing that they are the same exact phone but the cing 8800 is 150 dollars cheaper than the tmo version. 550 full price doesnt make any sense for a wider camerless pearl.....

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Blackberry 8800 tmo version *overpriced*

No it doesn't. That's why I'm holding out unless I can get it thru CS as an alternative handset exchange.

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Why is the TMO 8800 *overpriced*?

1) Greed

2) Gouging

3) Supply and demand

4) Ramping up 1st day price until we get our crap together so our CS agents don't get overloaded and affect our pristine CS record so that we can keep bragging we're the best 'cause we have to 'cause we're really no. 4 and then we'll lower the price to be competitive 'cause the iPhone is comin' and we don't wanna admit we're all worried that we'll get our a$$ kicked by that arrogant Jobs...

5) All of the above

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by 2-4Trippin
    Why is the TMO 8800 *overpriced*?

1) Greed

2) Gouging

3) Supply and demand

4) Ramping up 1st day price until we get our crap together so our CS agents don't get overloaded and affect our pristine CS record so that we can keep bragging we're the best 'cause we have to 'cause we're really no. 4 and then we'll lower the price to be competitive 'cause the iPhone is comin' and we don't wanna admit we're all worried that we'll get our a$$ kicked by that arrogant Jobs...

5) All of the above
    LOL That's hilarious

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

anyone know when the iphone is going to be for sale?

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Wow that's all bad!! This needs to stop!

krazed14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E18D0B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hmm... On the tmobile website it says suggested retail-549.99
    Instant savings-200.00
    Total- 349.99

That's not so bad, I...err my dad caughed up 300 for my pearl, so hey its not that bad, and plus if you go to the tmobile store you could get a deal, you never know... That's just what I think...

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the 349 price is for new customers, not current customers. I am so amazed at how T-mo is habdling this.

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

The best price on Cingular 8800 seems to be $299 after rebate online
    The best price for tmo 8800 seems to be $349 on line
    $50 not $150 if my math is right...
    You will save the $50 in a few month with tmo's cheaper plans.
    I did a 3 second search and found online phone service companies selling tmo 8800 for $249 with new service and waved activation fee. That's not too bad.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the 349 price is for new customers, not current customers. I am so amazed at how T-mo is habdling this.
    You are actually incorrect! I AM an existing customer and got the 8800 for $349 price yesterday. $529 is without a contract and by the way--same price at cingular in stores unless they are a non corporate store and want to give you a better price and thats only as low as $499 without contract and only in some stores. I think everyone needs to understand that it's a business and no one is trying to be "greedy". "What the market will bare" - basic of economics 101 guys! And as Shakespeare said, "unto thine ownself be true" - we all know you would do exactly the same thing if it were your business and your research showed that most people who wanted it would buy it for that price. No one is out to steal your money - but they most certainly will take the most from anyone willing to exchange it! my 2 cents (as a business owner)

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

great point teleberry! How about the fact that CIngular offers NO equipment protection and their plans are more expensive! Everyone is crabbing about Tmo's 8800 price! Then why dont you just go get the cingy version and have it unlocked! Seems to me everyone was just waiting to see what Tmo's price would be and now your disappointed because it wasnt as low as youd hoped! That was the gamble! Sorry guys!

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~agreed. I run a Rogers store in Toronto, and that's all it comes down to. If Rogers can make an extra $50 per customer, damn right they will! They even upped the caller ID price $1 because bell did. $1x 6 million customers each month. It sounds like a good business move to me. Cellular carriers aren't charities. They are trying to keep the shareholders happy and pad their own pockets. It isn't ideal for us, as customers, but its completely expected and absolutely the way business works.
    Thanks for pointing it out bglawrence.

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence
    great point teleberry! How about the fact that CIngular offers NO equipment protection and their plans are more expensive! Everyone is crabbing about Tmo's 8800 price! Then why dont you just go get the cingy version and have it unlocked! Seems to me everyone was just waiting to see what Tmo's price would be and now your disappointed because it wasnt as low as youd hoped! That was the gamble! Sorry guys!
    Its not competitive to sell the same phone that 5 other carriers have at a higher price.

And people have been going to Cingular to get a 8800, because its cheaper. 550 for a camera less, wider pearl is not competitive or smart economics, its just plain stupid. The upgrade price is 475 unless you haven't bought a phone in 2 years.

Someone tell me what is the difference of the 8800 to the pearl in terms of features besides gps?? The phone even has the same processor as the pearl!!

What will be funny is that they sell the 8800 for this price and the 8320 will be 150 dollars cheaper, now that would be funny and only then people would be like why did I pay so much for a phone thats just like the pearl, but no camera and its wider

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

TMO's pricing is on par. Yeesh. If you don't like the price now it will drop... Either wait or pay up.

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

It even the mother company(tmo uk) the phone is 320 dollars full price!! lol The prada phone for tmo uk is only 360 dollars full price!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    TMO's pricing is on par. Yeesh. If you don't like the price now it will drop... Either wait or pay up.
    Wait for the 8320.
    Last edited by tdawg; 04-24-2007 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast