hello, i have the BB 8800 and I love it!. However, I do notice it ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

saladiro no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry 8800 SPEED UP......

Advertisement

hello, i have the BB 8800 and I love it!. However, I do notice it is a bit slow at times. It could just be me, but I used to have the BB 7130c and that may have performed a bit quicker.....
    anyway...I have few downloads..google talk, google maps, suduko and chess and Free range"
    1) do more downloads slow down the performance of my BB? I notice that when i click my address book or email icon, there is definetly a 1 second pause.

2) are there things I can remove, eg Telenav (which i refuse to pay for) that would increase the speed

4) i always close my internet when done

3) any suggestions???

tks

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Blackberry 8800 SPEED UP......

Memory issue. If you don't need them anymore, try deleting some of your messages. Go to the date you want to delete, and hit menu, delete prior...

Also, check out your browser cache... Go to your browser, hit menu, and click on cache options. Clear all of them...

Do a quick battery pull, and let us know...
    Last edited by I7oobie; 04-10-2007 at 03:16 PM.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

if I set the message limit to 15 days instead of the default 30, does this only apply to email messages or also TXT, SMS, phone logs,
    tks....what is a battery pull?

sorry about the 3 replies...not sure what happened

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

UMM... I think it does it for all... Best to try the internet browser first, and then if you need to, axe the messages...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I'd make sure you're low on memory first to make sure that low memory is really the issue. You can check your memory usage via Options. Just remember that what's considered low on a BB isn't the same as what you would consider low on a PC.

Davedwin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FA01EA

Not to be quick to point the finger (at provider) but I too noticed a difference in the speed of things when I upgraded from 8700c to 8800. I used to use my 8700 as an early warning system for email coming to Outlook. Now they come to my PC first.

Also I'm in the process of reloading/upgrading the Handheld software on mine, and you can remove/uncheck Telenav.

-Davedwin

Quote Originally Posted by Davedwin
    Not to be quick to point the finger (at provider) but I too noticed a difference in the speed of things when I upgraded from 8700c to 8800. I used to use my 8700 as an early warning system for email coming to Outlook. Now they come to my PC first.

Also I'm in the process of reloading/upgrading the Handheld software on mine, and you can remove/uncheck Telenav.

-Davedwin
    Does removing Telenav improve the speed? what are you actually upgrading? I was under the impression that the 8800 comes with the latest software?

after following some of the advise above, I have seen a slight increase in the performance of my BB, yet still slow to load the emial app.

any suggestions how to speed that up