Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wouldn't trust it. Things I look at when buying from EBAY is the feedback, ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Blackberry 8800 on Ebay...

Advertisement

I wouldn't trust it. Things I look at when buying from EBAY is the feedback, the type of feedback, and the dates on the feedback. If you look at it, you see that this person has been a BUYER of items for a long time, not a seller. Now, all of a sudden, they have one high priced item for sale. Remember, people CAN and DO hack into EBAY accounts. The dates on the items this person has bought are okay, BUT look at the types of items this person has bought. Mostly shoes!! I don't know about y'all, but going from buying shoes to selling what could be the hottest item on EBAY before it's released???? This person's auction could be legit, but I would buy from a reputable SELLER who has a history selling smartphones, cell phones and related products. BTW, you're only covered by PAYPAL if you pay with their credit card or your
    checking or savings account. If you pay with a credit card other than PAYPAL's, you have to deal with your credit card company.
    Last edited by quiche; 02-12-2007 at 11:36 AM.

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

Quote Originally Posted by quiche
    BTW, you're only covered by PAYPAL if you pay with their credit card or your
    checking or savings account. If you pay with a credit card other than PAYPAL's, you have to deal with your credit card company.
    Youre covered with paypal if you pay thru them with one of the payment methods you have on your paypal account

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

You got me Oxide! Sorry guys! I'm wrong. You are covered. You just have to pay a fee to get your money back.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

That guy on ebay cant even spell upon.

On Feb-11-07 at 19:06:56 PST, seller added the following information:International bidders welcome. This phone is unlocked and can be used on any network that is compatible with blackberry (GSM Sim card required). Free activation with Cingular (now AT&T) or T-Mobile apon request and approval.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

For that much it better have Gold keys on it. My wife would kill me it I spent that much on a new one after I got mine about 2 months ago.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Okay, so here is the questions I asked him:

I have a few questions about this device:

A: Which carrier was it initially branded to?

B: Is it WiFi Equipped?

C: Does it have a camera?

D: Is it the model in the picture on your listing, or the Black/Chrome device that is launching on Cingular?

E: Is there a holster or a case that is included?

F: Is it GPS enabled?

Thanks in advance.

Will post any response that I get...However I am skeptical on the responses that I will get.

As someone else pointed out (Can't remember if it was on this thread or not), the end date is Feb 20th...So I wouldn't say this is a "scam" per say, but rather a creative way for someone to try and make some money off of this.

I could place an ad right now saying that I have 50 of these devices for sale on Ebay unlocked with the end date being Feb 21st. Then just go to the store, buy them outright, get them unlocked, and turn around and mail them out the next day.

Or you will probably be sent a locked unit, and will have to email them back to get the unlock code, which they will have by the time you email them because in the amount of time that it took for you to get the device through shipping, they have already gotten the email back with the unlock code.

Anyone who wants to spend this kind of money on that device, feel free to email me also.

PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Okay, so here is the questions I asked him:

I have a few questions about this device:

A: Which carrier was it initially branded to?

B: Is it WiFi Equipped?

C: Does it have a camera?

D: Is it the model in the picture on your listing, or the Black/Chrome device that is launching on Cingular?

E: Is there a holster or a case that is included?

F: Is it GPS enabled?

Thanks in advance.

Will post any response that I get...However I am skeptical on the responses that I will get.

As someone else pointed out (Can't remember if it was on this thread or not), the end date is Feb 20th...So I wouldn't say this is a "scam" per say, but rather a creative way for someone to try and make some money off of this.

I could place an ad right now saying that I have 50 of these devices for sale on Ebay unlocked with the end date being Feb 21st. Then just go to the store, buy them outright, get them unlocked, and turn around and mail them out the next day.

Or you will probably be sent a locked unit, and will have to email them back to get the unlock code, which they will have by the time you email them because in the amount of time that it took for you to get the device through shipping, they have already gotten the email back with the unlock code.

Anyone who wants to spend this kind of money on that device, feel free to email me also.
    i also mailed him and will update here (after buying )

Quote Originally Posted by quiche
    You got me Oxide! Sorry guys! I'm wrong. You are covered. You just have to pay a fee to get your money back.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    no worries, eBay and PP ist sorta my bread 'n'butter

PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

so this guy is quoting $99 shipping to europe... and is trying to sell off of eBay. I wouldnt recommend buying from him

soren1234 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah definitely NOT a good buy. Just wait for the release. It should be within a week!

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Winning bid was $1525! Nate, did you ever get a reply?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BLACKBERRY-8...QQcmdZViewItem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12