Hi Guys n Girls I have recently purchased a Blackberry 8800 (BIS) on Orange in ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Chris_etc no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 8800 Desktop Software problem

Advertisement

Hi Guys n Girls

I have recently purchased a Blackberry 8800 (BIS) on Orange in the UK. I have installed the Desktop Software and updated it to the latest version (4.2.2 service pack 2 i think) and my emails are working perfectly but I am having a problem when trying to sync the device using a usb cable to sync the calendar etc.

When I plug the usb into the 8800 my computer searches for a while and then comes up with "Windows was unable to install your RIM composite device. Windows could not find driver software for your device".

I am using Windows Vista and have spoken to Orange regarding this problem but unfortunately they are useless and just keep telling me that the 8800 Desktop Software is not compatible with Windows Vista. I have taken their comments on board lightly as I know plenty of people have their 8800's set up on Vista and don't have any problems.

I am currently uninstalling the Desktop Software and am going to reinstall it (for the millionth time) and download the latest patch from Orange but I'm not very hopefull this will work.

Any one have any ideas? Any help would be GREATLY appreciate.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: Blackberry 8800 Desktop Software problem

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ The trick with Vista is the when you go to install the DM right click on it and install as Administrator.

Should work ok then.

Thanks Woodi. I will give it a go and let you know how I got on. If this works you're a legend!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Check out this post - especially the info regarding Vista (#3):
    Desktop Manager - Installing, Media Manager, and Vista
    JerryD

Thanks jdellasala, if Woodi's idea doesn't work then this certainly gives me a few other things to try. You guys are very helpful, thank you.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Running as Administrator has fixed all of my problems within Vista.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Now I am having this problem with an 8100, even though my 8800 connects properly. Whats up with that?
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

gbhanna no está en línea Stack level 1

gents/ ladies,

im running windows XP service pack 2. my blackberry was synching with my laptop ( sony vaio FE17NP) then all of a sudden it stopped synching....

i reformatted the software and it worked for a while and then stopped. the problem is that the computer recognises the blackberry when i hook the USB cable, but it says its disconnected..

am i making any sense?? Help!

anieve no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301AE0C2

Quote Originally Posted by gbhanna View Post
    gents/ ladies,

im running windows XP service pack 2. my blackberry was synching with my laptop ( sony vaio FE17NP) then all of a sudden it stopped synching....

i reformatted the software and it worked for a while and then stopped. the problem is that the computer recognises the blackberry when i hook the USB cable, but it says its disconnected..

am i making any sense?? Help!
    I just had the same exact problem. DO a complete clean of your registry and the program
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/artic...AL_Public.html

Will explain how and it should work fine. It worked after for me and i reistalled all kinds of dm versions to try
    Ruben Rodrigues
    647-268-3243
    ruben@clublifetoronto.com
    Club Life Toronto
    BlackBerry Pin:301AE0C2

gbhanna no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks anieve,

i will try that.

one more thing i forgot to say is that, my blakcberry is recognised by other computers only my laptop doesnt read it or any other blackberry.

i installed today the last version 4.3 and didnt work. i will uninstall all and see what happens

anieve no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301AE0C2

Quote Originally Posted by gbhanna View Post
    thanks anieve,

i will try that.

one more thing i forgot to say is that, my blakcberry is recognised by other computers only my laptop doesnt read it or any other blackberry.

i installed today the last version 4.3 and didnt work. i will uninstall all and see what happens
    Yea i hear you mine did the exact same thing. I tried everything the vendors cd and 4.3 same deal. Do the clean removal and reinstall it and also in the USB Hub Root under system device - Power Management uncheck the save power box.
    Ruben Rodrigues
    647-268-3243
    ruben@clublifetoronto.com
    Club Life Toronto
    BlackBerry Pin:301AE0C2