View Poll Results: Do you think BlackBerry will maintain it's QWERTY market share?

Voters
232. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    203 87.50%
  • No

    15 6.47%
  • Not sure.

    14 6.03%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Originally Posted by oppiTronic Toy or tool? What should be in there? In my opinion ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

  1. #31
    quotberry's Avatar
    quotberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5

    Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by oppiTronic
    Toy or tool? What should be in there? In my opinion the number one feature should be battery life.

    I guess RIM needs to have to model lines: Fun and private and robust and secure. Anyway they already started that with the PEARL and the market supports this decision.
    I want both a tool and a toy. But I agree that there needs they need models without the camera or models that can have the camera turned off during business hours controlled by the IT department.

    I am more flexible on battery life since I always carry an extra (or two) but a full day of heavy use would be nice.

  2. #32
    wendycharles's Avatar
    wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE
    Posts
    451

    Question Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    I switched from the 8703 to treo 750 and I miss the world of blackberry. I can't wait to dump this expensive paperweight. Help!!! Does anybody know of a release date???
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

  3. #33
    mrcsbrooks's Avatar
    mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba
    Posts
    400

    Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    Cingy is releasing the 8800 on the 20th I believe

  4. #34
    wendycharles's Avatar
    wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE
    Posts
    451

    Thumbs up Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    Thanks for the response..Your right! I just spoke with a Cingular salesman and the 8800 is supposed to ship on Tuesday and in stores on Friday 23rd. i can't wait to get back to the world of "pin".
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

  5. #35
    N8DBB's Avatar
    N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Posts
    6,028

    Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    Quote Originally Posted by wendycharles
    Thanks for the response..Your right! I just spoke with a Cingular salesman and the 8800 is supposed to ship on Tuesday and in stores on Friday 23rd.
    This does not surprise me one bit...Already misinformation/communication on their behalf...hey Wendy, which store? GH? Brentwood? Franklin? Downtown?

  6. #36
    takeshi's Avatar
    takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    Quote Originally Posted by oppiTronic
    In my opinion the number one feature should be battery life.
    Personally, I'd choose stability first. Everything's pointless if I'm constantly having to troubleshoot or reset the device... I guess as an IT analyst I spend enough time fixing other people's problems. I don't need to spend my free time fixing my phone.

    As for the competition, MS's implementation of push is helping them but it's still nothing like BES. A slim device with a qwerty keyboard isn't sufficient to make a "Blackberry killer".

  7. #37
    philly32's Avatar
    philly32 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    8800 hands down

  8. #38
    neeeko's Avatar
    neeeko no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    25583458
    Posts
    27

    Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    We deployed some Windows Mobile devices in the company (Qtek) as a test.
    People were furious cuz they would crash all the time.

    Now they're happy with their BlackBerry Pearl, the 8800's little brother.

    Windows sucks, BB rules.

  9. #39
    Rockey's Avatar
    Rockey no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    23f7044d
    Posts
    6

    Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    I'm the main IT support person for my department and one of my users broke his 7290 so, he's getting my 8700 and I'm getting a new 8800 within a week or 2. I noticed that the 8800 doesn't have the trackwheel on the side but has that little marble like the Perl. Has anyone had problems with the marble/track ball? How hard was it for you guys to get used to it?

    BTW, I played with a Perl for a few days and hated the keyboard. Guess I've used the QRTY one on BBs so long that the other just seems awkward.

  10. #40
    VP's Avatar
    VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    66

    Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    does anyone know who this device is going for T-mobile or Cingular...I am really going for t-mobile...Intrested in the Telenave and i would really perfer full qwerty...Do not want to get the adapter for the pearl just because i perfer a one package deal? if it were to come out for cingular and you get it unlocked could it be used for t mobile? Please and thank You...for any reply!

  11. #41
    EvolutionCSR's Avatar
    EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,711

    Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    Quote Originally Posted by VP
    does anyone know who this device is going for T-mobile or Cingular...I am really going for t-mobile...Intrested in the Telenave and i would really perfer full qwerty...Do not want to get the adapter for the pearl just because i perfer a one package deal? if it were to come out for cingular and you get it unlocked could it be used for t mobile? Please and thank You...for any reply!
    ...Not sure if you are referring to the 8800 but that device launched almost 2 months ago on cingular and is said to be released on T-Mo April 23rd.


  12. #42
    VP's Avatar
    VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    66

    Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    ...Not sure if you are referring to the 8800 but that device launched almost 2 months ago on cingular and is said to be released on T-Mo April 23rd.
    thanks for the reply...also i was talking about the 8800, but i wanted to know the gray bb 8820 is that right...do you know if that is coming out for t mobile as well?? Thanks

  13. #43
    VP's Avatar
    VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    66

    Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockey
    I'm the main IT support person for my department and one of my users broke his 7290 so, he's getting my 8700 and I'm getting a new 8800 within a week or 2. I noticed that the 8800 doesn't have the trackwheel on the side but has that little marble like the Perl. Has anyone had problems with the marble/track ball? How hard was it for you guys to get used to it?

    BTW, I played with a Perl for a few days and hated the keyboard. Guess I've used the QRTY one on BBs so long that the other just seems awkward.
    the track ball in the middle was not hard at all to get use to. I have a pearl and the keyboard is a pain...but the track ball is simple easy to use just b/c you can go in any direction and just like how you press in with the track on the side you push down on the trackball and the application will pop up for games its pretty good too.

  14. #44
    SNEEZEBUCKETS's Avatar
    SNEEZEBUCKETS no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    Hi Does Anybody Know Why The 8800 Cost More Then The Curve As I Can See The Curve Offers More Features But Im Sure There Is A Reason As Too Why The 8800 Cost More I Have A 8800 And I Want A Curve But Im Asking For Advice

  15. #45
    kane's Avatar
    kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    30349623
    Posts
    849

    Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

    thats actually a good question got me wondering now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •