View Poll Results: Do you think BlackBerry will maintain it's QWERTY market share?

Voters
232. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes.

203 87.50%
  • No

15 6.47%
  • Not sure.

14 6.03%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by oppiTronic Toy or tool? What should be in there? In my opinion ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

quotberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by oppiTronic
    Toy or tool? What should be in there? In my opinion the number one feature should be battery life.

I guess RIM needs to have to model lines: Fun and private and robust and secure. Anyway they already started that with the PEARL and the market supports this decision.
    I want both a tool and a toy. But I agree that there needs they need models without the camera or models that can have the camera turned off during business hours controlled by the IT department.

I am more flexible on battery life since I always carry an extra (or two) but a full day of heavy use would be nice.

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Question Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

I switched from the 8703 to treo 750 and I miss the world of blackberry. I can't wait to dump this expensive paperweight. Help!!! Does anybody know of a release date???
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Cingy is releasing the 8800 on the 20th I believe

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Thumbs up Re: BlackBerry 8800: a lot rides on this launch!

Thanks for the response..Your right! I just spoke with a Cingular salesman and the 8800 is supposed to ship on Tuesday and in stores on Friday 23rd. i can't wait to get back to the world of "pin".
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by wendycharles
    Thanks for the response..Your right! I just spoke with a Cingular salesman and the 8800 is supposed to ship on Tuesday and in stores on Friday 23rd.
    This does not surprise me one bit...Already misinformation/communication on their behalf...hey Wendy, which store? GH? Brentwood? Franklin? Downtown?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by oppiTronic
    In my opinion the number one feature should be battery life.
    Personally, I'd choose stability first. Everything's pointless if I'm constantly having to troubleshoot or reset the device... I guess as an IT analyst I spend enough time fixing other people's problems. I don't need to spend my free time fixing my phone.

As for the competition, MS's implementation of push is helping them but it's still nothing like BES. A slim device with a qwerty keyboard isn't sufficient to make a "Blackberry killer".

philly32 no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 hands down

neeeko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

We deployed some Windows Mobile devices in the company (Qtek) as a test.
    People were furious cuz they would crash all the time.

Now they're happy with their BlackBerry Pearl, the 8800's little brother.

Windows sucks, BB rules.

Rockey no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f7044d

I'm the main IT support person for my department and one of my users broke his 7290 so, he's getting my 8700 and I'm getting a new 8800 within a week or 2. I noticed that the 8800 doesn't have the trackwheel on the side but has that little marble like the Perl. Has anyone had problems with the marble/track ball? How hard was it for you guys to get used to it?

BTW, I played with a Perl for a few days and hated the keyboard. Guess I've used the QRTY one on BBs so long that the other just seems awkward.

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

does anyone know who this device is going for T-mobile or Cingular...I am really going for t-mobile...Intrested in the Telenave and i would really perfer full qwerty...Do not want to get the adapter for the pearl just because i perfer a one package deal? if it were to come out for cingular and you get it unlocked could it be used for t mobile? Please and thank You...for any reply!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by VP
    does anyone know who this device is going for T-mobile or Cingular...I am really going for t-mobile...Intrested in the Telenave and i would really perfer full qwerty...Do not want to get the adapter for the pearl just because i perfer a one package deal? if it were to come out for cingular and you get it unlocked could it be used for t mobile? Please and thank You...for any reply!
    ...Not sure if you are referring to the 8800 but that device launched almost 2 months ago on cingular and is said to be released on T-Mo April 23rd.

VP

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    ...Not sure if you are referring to the 8800 but that device launched almost 2 months ago on cingular and is said to be released on T-Mo April 23rd.
    thanks for the reply...also i was talking about the 8800, but i wanted to know the gray bb 8820 is that right...do you know if that is coming out for t mobile as well?? Thanks

VP

Quote Originally Posted by Rockey
    I'm the main IT support person for my department and one of my users broke his 7290 so, he's getting my 8700 and I'm getting a new 8800 within a week or 2. I noticed that the 8800 doesn't have the trackwheel on the side but has that little marble like the Perl. Has anyone had problems with the marble/track ball? How hard was it for you guys to get used to it?

BTW, I played with a Perl for a few days and hated the keyboard. Guess I've used the QRTY one on BBs so long that the other just seems awkward.
    the track ball in the middle was not hard at all to get use to. I have a pearl and the keyboard is a pain...but the track ball is simple easy to use just b/c you can go in any direction and just like how you press in with the track on the side you push down on the trackball and the application will pop up for games its pretty good too.

SNEEZEBUCKETS no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Does Anybody Know Why The 8800 Cost More Then The Curve As I Can See The Curve Offers More Features But Im Sure There Is A Reason As Too Why The 8800 Cost More I Have A 8800 And I Want A Curve But Im Asking For Advice

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

thats actually a good question got me wondering now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123