Hey gang. Well our new 88's are here and I wanted to know what is ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

photomike no está en línea Stack level 1

best way to sync BES and BIS Outlook at home

Advertisement

Hey gang.

Well our new 88's are here and I wanted to know what is the best way for us to sync at home?

I bought a USB cradle, but my concern is my wife's 8800 will be set to sync at her work PC via outlook and BES. I have BIS service but want us to be able to sync Outlook calendar on our home PC via the cradle.

What is the best way to set this up? I have all of the BB software loaded just didnt get into setting everyting last night.

great forum!

Cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by photomike; 07-18-2007 at 10:56 PM.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Re: best way to sync BES and BIS Outlook at home

Quote Originally Posted by photomike
    Hey gang.

Well our new 88's are here and I wanted to know what is the best way for us to sync at home?

I bought a USB cradle, but my concern is my wife's 8800 will be set to sync at her work PC via outlook and BES. I have BIS service but want us to be able to sync Outlook calendar on our home PC via the cradle.

What is the best way to set this up? I have all of the BB software loaded just didnt get into setting everyting last night.

great forum!

Cheers,
    Mike
    Hi Mike - I assume since you're on an 8800 you're using the 4.2DM? I know it supports multiple devices, as I use one DM to manage several of our 8700's. You shouldn't have any trouble. Also, if she's set up on the BES, she would of course be prompted by the Exchange server to enter her password before it would sync up anything on the wireless side.

I'm pretty certain at that point also, it would ask what Outlook profile you want to use.

You may also read a bit more here:

-blackberryforums.pinstack.com/7058-desktop_manager_4_2_multiple_bbs.html

photomike no está en línea Stack level 1

yup 4.2 DM.

Cool. I figured it was no big deal but always want to get more info than I need before I screw it up.

I'll read on and if I have any problems, I'll post back.

Thanks!!

Mike

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Are you looking to keep your data separate?

If so, you can use profiles but I'd really recommend having separate user accounts on the PC. Install DM with the BIS/internet option.