I have had trouble installing the best skins ever on the side rails of my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Best Skins Ever install

Advertisement

I have had trouble installing the best skins ever on the side rails of my 8830, someone suggested that I remove the side rails and install the skins, is this feasible? I have seen the disassembly instructions for the 8830, do I really have to take the case apart before I remove the side rails, or can they be removed independently of the case? Has anyone else done this? Happy Thanksgiving All.

richcee no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Best Skins Ever install

I installed them on my 8820 and did not like they way they looked or felt so I removed the ones on the side rails. The front and the back are great and so is the screen protector but I didn't like the sides. Not worth it to me to take the phone apart.

cwadams70 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E8B43

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I put the BSE on my 8830. I did not take the rails off. Put the skin on and press down on the center and hold for about 5 minutes. Then just work your way to each end. Just be patient. I put mine on a couple of months ago and still looks like it did day one. Very sturdy and extremely satisfied. Happy Thanksgiving.

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i ultimately took off the side rails -- they peeled from the top and bottom despite all efforts...

the bse has actually continued for months to have stretches and "gunk" buildup along the edges.

I don't know of the stretching (and peeling) problems I'm having are installation issues or just the product itself.

But it still has good screen protection, and the price--despite problems--is still worth it.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Yeah, I have the pealed up side rails issue on top and bottom too. And I have the gunk build-up on the creases too, but I just clean those with a finger nail on occasion. I just love how it protects my device and am not too concerned about these seemingly ascetic issues.

sinnfein07 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I was able to install them without removing the siderails. I got it positioned properly then let dry for 5 to 10 minutes. Theb held each side down for 1 to 2 minutes with the palm of my hand. Did the trick for me and still looks great after a couple of weeks.