I am curious as to everyone's favorite RSS news reader. Obviously there are several free ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

snooden no está en línea Stack level 1

Best RSS News Reader?

Advertisement

I am curious as to everyone's favorite RSS news reader. Obviously there are several free and pay packages out there and I would love to hear people's thoughts. Thanks in advance.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Best RSS News Reader?

I used to use PicoNews and like the interface and everything, but then I tried Viigo and I think it's phenomenally better. There's plenty of feeds in the built-in catalog, and it's a snap to add new ones. And overall and very good interface, and feel. I especially like the feature of pictures being shown in the articles without having to open a link.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I'm using one called FreeRange, very nice... http://www.freerangeinc.com/products/
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

sickened no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    dont ask

viigo is really sweet

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

ok.. random noob question.. what is an RSS news reader? and thanks in advance for the info..
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by StatikBB
    ok.. random noob question.. what is an RSS news reader? and thanks in advance for the info..
    Hope this helps ya...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss

RSS is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated content such as blog entries, news headlines or podcasts. An RSS document, which is called a "feed," "web feed," or "channel," contains either a summary of content from an associated web site or the full text. RSS makes it possible for people to keep up with their favorite web sites in an automated manner that's easier than checking them manually.
    RSS content can be read using software called a "feed reader" or an "aggregator." The user subscribes to a feed by entering the feed's link into the reader or by clicking an RSS icon in a browser that initiates the subscription process. The reader checks the user's subscribed feeds regularly for new content, downloading any updates that it finds.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

Wow! That helps a lot. Thanks for the info and kudos on the quickness. I almost feel like you were just waitin for someone to post that question lol.. I may have to try an RSS now and see just what they are all about.
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl