Hello, I'm finally getting used to mobile browsing on my 8800 (this is my first ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Land Surveyor no está en línea Stack level 1

Best Browser on 8800?

Advertisement

Hello, I'm finally getting used to mobile browsing on my 8800 (this is my first BB) and I wonder if I should consider another browser or if another is significantly better than the one that came on it. Does Opera really represent that much of an improvement? Is it worth the storage space?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Best Browser on 8800?

some people say that the opera software is a great investment. Me personally I use opera for my non blackberry phones but I love my blackberry browser. What I would do is download it and give it a try and see what you think and if you don't like it then you csn always take it off

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

I feel opera loads a little slower but web pages improvement is greater. I can access bank account/myspace/gm training/ where the bb browser loads faster but web sites have some difficulties. I have Opera 3.1 and it works great. Every now and then it will freeze though. I also have Opera 4.0 but can't seem to get that to work just yet. Personally I use the bb browser for most browsing.

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

I tried the Opera... and one thing I found to my dismay was that the trackball button would not work. You can scroll with the trackball, but whereas with the BB Browser, you can make a selection by clicking on the trackball, it's null and void in Opera.

drozek no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31B1D26F

The New opera 4.0 beta 2 works great

Tesshin no está en línea Stack level 2

So far the stock browser on my 8830 does everything (so far) , myspace, online banking, etc... but does anyone else get an error message when you interupt the web page when it's loading? after that I can't got to any web page till i turn off the network then turn it back on.

Land Surveyor no está en línea Stack level 1

I can only say that I haven't had that problem with my 8800. I wonder if it's more network- than device related.

Jrvtecaccord no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah, I have no problems with the BB Browser on my 8830, I prefer it better than mini opera. My question is, security wise are they equivalent. Is one more secure than the other? Is it secure enough to do online banking and such with BB Browser?