I recently start using BES at work. I have 667 prior contacts from my handheld ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

BES sync error occurs address Book

Advertisement

I recently start using BES at work. I have 667 prior contacts from my handheld address book that should transfer into OUtlook at my office, however when it reaches about 335 contacts from the handheld I get a error message "Skipping invalid record" What does this mean? I have about 1,000 contacts that sync from my corporate address book and 667 of my own that should merge together but as mention somewhere in the process it aborts .

My research says there is an object or something that has to do with file mangement. I deleted the only contact that had an object such as a picture in it but that did not help.

Please tell me what is causing this problem

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: BES sync error occurs address Book

Check and make sure that you don't maybe have a blank contact, or a contact that just has an email address or a phone number and nothing in the Name fields.

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JJohnson no está en línea Stack level 1

Could it be memory..........yea, I'm going to go with memory, whenever something "craps out" with a BB

jinnes no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: BES sync error occurs address Book

OK,

I'm really concerned.

I'm using a Pearl with BES (yes sorry I know this is the 8800 area, but the topic is th same) and just verfied a major bug. I updated a contact number on the Pearl and the phone number did not get updated on Exchange/Outlook 2007.

It gets stranger. The other fields got updated (notes, address). Just the phone number did not update. I tried editing the contact on the device again and sure enough no update. This is a serious bug. I just pushed my new employer to let me be on BB (they use Win Mobile) and they are complaining about the cost as I'm the first BB user. If I can't fix this, I'm dropping BB fast. I'm a long time user (3rd BB device) but if its corrupts my contact data its time to switch to a full MSFT solution. Sad, I've encouraged a dozen folks to go BB, and bought units for many of my staff at companies over the years.

I hope RIM hasn't succumbed to its fast growth. I've seen this too many times in Silicon Valley. I wasn't too thrilled about the recent NOC problems taking down my email for part of a day. If a BB isn't reliable and corrupts my data, its not going to be in my pocket for long. I have high standards for something like my handheld.

Jon