Hey, I recently recieved a blackberry 8800 on the bell wireless network and I have ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

toolboxdingus no está en línea Stack level 1

Bell Unlock code for 8800

Advertisement

Hey, I recently recieved a blackberry 8800 on the bell wireless network and I have a rogers sim card. I know how to unlock it all I need is the final MEP network code to put in. If you have the code I would most appreciate you sharing it with me.
    Thanks

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Bell Unlock code for 8800

You cant put a Rogers SIM card into a Bell phone. Rogers is a GSM network and all of their phones require a SIM card. Bell is a CDMA network which is different technology and their phones do not require sim cards. Unfortunately you cannot unlock a phone on a CDMA network to use on a GSM network.

Alright i guess i get it. I just don't understand why there is a slot for a sim card there then. Oh well thank you very much for the advice, anyone want a blackberry 8800 on bell for 200 bucks? lol
    thanks again

peoples_flip no está en línea Stack level 2

Well the reason the Bell 8830 has a SIM card slot is so that way you can access the GSM network outside of North America.

The 8830 has the 900/1800MHz for the overseas GSM networks.

Oh and by the way, you're serious about selling your 8830 I'll take it for $200.00.

PM me

Quote Originally Posted by peoples_flip View Post
    Well the reason the Bell 8830 has a SIM card slot is so that way you can access the GSM network outside of North America.

The 8830 has the 900/1800MHz for the overseas GSM networks.

Oh and by the way, you're serious about selling your 8830 I'll take it for $200.00.

PM me
    I wish i could PM you but i don't have enough post rite now. But i would gladly sell the phone but i think it is a 8800 world edition and i have the charger. Please let me know or send me a email. nordyj@hotmail.com