Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone have BBweather running successfully on the 8800, I installed it and everytime I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

BBWeather on 8800

Advertisement

Does anyone have BBweather running successfully on the 8800, I installed it and everytime I open the app it locks my phone up, any ideas?
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

bikeboy24 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BBWeather on 8800

Sounds like you don't have a profile/location id. I believe you need to launch the application, press the trackball, go to options, hit the blackberry key thingy and add a new profile.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it locks as soon as you launch app

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

I just wanted to give this a bump, since its had alot of views and no solution. I have since found an alternative that sends a very nice annimated 5 day AccuWeather forcast to your phone by sms - twice a day (there is also an option to set it up to view in the browser).

Open your BB browser, hit the menu key and open Bookmarks, Select BlackBerry HELP!
    Click on Home
    Click on Push Services
    Accept the terms and conditions
    Select AccuWeather or The Weather Network, click on Add, Enter your city, state, notification options (follow guided menus)
    You will get a confirmation for notification within 12hrs.

Enjoy!
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

Originalfritz no está en línea Stack level 1

I actually prefer using a website called 4info.net it can send you test messages when you want and it offers many free things including weather updates, which I have it set to send me three times a day.

it even offers the ability to track UPS packages

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3

I just installed this too, having major issues. It locks up instanly. Had no choice but to pull the battery. Oh well many other weather options out there for our use.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

My 8800 does thes same thing with BB Weather. I have to do a battery pull to recover, and you all know how much fun it is to get that back cover off. I like BB Weather because it's not push, it's just ther when I want it, not all the time. Would be real nice to have it working!
    Andy

JustLeft no está en línea Stack level 2

FWIW, after I got the cover off mine the first couple of times, it is no longer a problem. I can now remove it in a second. The trick was pressing down on the top of the raised square on the back cover above the blackberry emblem while snagging the inside of the bottom of the raised square with my fingernail, and sliding it down. Comes off pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Schufly
    My 8800 does thes same thing with BB Weather. I have to do a battery pull to recover, and you all know how much fun it is to get that back cover off. I like BB Weather because it's not push, it's just ther when I want it, not all the time. Would be real nice to have it working!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

If you kids are still having issues heres a site with great directions

http://www.slightright.com/archives/...-on-the-pearl/

works the same the the 8800

In short here's directions
    Here’s what to do:
    If you’re crashed (frozen) reboot your 8100/8800 (hold the off button down for several seconds or remove and replace the battery).

Follow these instructions exactly:

1. Re-launce bbWeather when you see : “Error. No Weather Profiles specified” DO NOT hit the menu button.
    2. Click on the trackball to select ok. DO NOT hit on the menu button.
    3. Now click the trackball again… the menu you’re looking for will appear.
    4. Select "Options" and add your weather information; Location ID: [your zip], description e.g., [your town, state], select “Disable MDS Proxy”, save.
    5. Bada-Bing you should now have bbWeather up and running. Note: at this point you can now use the menu button whenever you want without fear of locking the program up.
    Last edited by reddog187; 06-14-2007 at 02:47 AM.

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3

still trying this, those instructions are ok, but my phone still locked up on me.

Finally it works and it works nicely!

thx
    Last edited by DaThunder; 06-14-2007 at 03:15 AM.

internative no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23c4c43e

After upgrading my 8800 to 4.2.1.90 BBweather is not saving the profiles. I created the profiles, disable MDS save>close. Go back to check nothing is saved.
    Downgraded to older version still no luck. Fresh install, still no luck. Desktop manager is not seeing bbweather 0.74 as compatible. OTA installs fine. It launches but cannot create weather location/profiles.

Did anyone experienced this ? Or any suggestion ?

Thanks,

Unlocked Cingular 8800 running on T-Mobile network (BES)

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

well when it launches your just hitting the pearl button and nothing else and then the menu button and add profile disable MDS save but also make sure your apn setting are set for your provider without that it will not work.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    If you kids are still having issues heres a site with great directions

http://www.slightright.com/archives/...-on-the-pearl/

works the same the the 8800

In short here's directions
    Here’s what to do:
    If you’re crashed (frozen) reboot your 8100/8800 (hold the off button down for several seconds or remove and replace the battery).

Follow these instructions exactly:

1. Re-launce bbWeather when you see : “Error. No Weather Profiles specified” DO NOT hit the menu button.
    2. Click on the trackball to select ok. DO NOT hit on the menu button.
    3. Now click the trackball again… the menu you’re looking for will appear.
    4. Select "Options" and add your weather information; Location ID: [your zip], description e.g., [your town, state], select “Disable MDS Proxy”, save.
    5. Bada-Bing you should now have bbWeather up and running. Note: at this point you can now use the menu button whenever you want without fear of locking the program up.
    I'm on a BES.

If I have Disable MDS Proxy checked I get "Error: Open tunnel - failure". Unchecking Disable MDS Proxy clears this error and I get the weather.
    JerryD

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me
    Interesting, on my 8800 I had to check the disable MDS box to get it to work.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

You guys can try worldmate pro for BB.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast