OK, this is not in the search that I can find. I have a bb ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

NW Highlander no está en línea Stack level 1

bbcalls will not delete, but...

Advertisement

OK, this is not in the search that I can find. I have a bb 8800 with t-mobile.

I downloaded an application called bbcalls. I decided I did not want this application and deleted it from my applications list inside my advanced options, or so I thought.

I came to find out that while this app no longer shows up on my app list, or permissions list, it remains on my desk top and is still functional. I have pulled my battery, multiple times. I have wiped my phone only to have it show right back up again and still functional.

I am not sure what else to tell you. So, what is going on here? Any ideas on how to get rid of this from my bb?

Well, here is an update. I have wiped my phone which didn't remove said application. I have gone into my desk manager and through the advanced option tried to wipe all of my applications, which didn't work either. I have spoken to T-mobile blackberry people and they have not heard of such an issue before. I couldn't get to the RIM people last night as they were swamped. So, I remain with this issue and no more ideas of how to get rid of this application.
    Last edited by NW Highlander; 10-11-2007 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Automerged.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: bbcalls will not delete, but...

clear out all your service books for that application...that should do the trick

Tried this but no success. It simply wasn't there to be deleted. Thank you for the idea and sorry that I failed to mention that I had already done this.
    Last edited by NW Highlander; 10-11-2007 at 10:37 AM.

PIN/ID

You have to find the module the app is using and delete it either in the module screen if it let's you or using javaloader~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Go to options advanced options menu modules and scroll theought the modules. If there are any modules of that program then delete it out. Hope that works. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Here is an update: I have completely reinstalled my OS and in the process the "unidentified module bbcalls" was discovered and removed. I also removed all of my third party applications, which I will reinstall later. This seems to have corrected the problem. Now I only have to go back and reinstall the applications that I wanted to have in there in the first place.

I hadn't thought of looking for it in the modules, however, it is gone now, thank goodness. Thank you for the input and help.
    Last edited by NW Highlander; 10-11-2007 at 02:29 PM.

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~out of curiosity, exactly what is "bbcalls"?

BB Calls, is an application for making long distance calls from your BB, within the US and around the world, less expensively, through this particular company.

akim no está en línea Stack level 1

What is the link to bb calls? I call Africa and need cheap rates