I need help! I have a BB 8830 and I see an icon that I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

Question BB Noob, AOL AIM, Icons? Help..

Advertisement

I need help!

I have a BB 8830 and I see an icon that I do not know what it means. You know, it's located at the top similar to when you have a new mail, text, or voicemail icon with a number next to it. The little icon looks like a globe, and it has the number 3 next to it... I want to know what this means, what it's doing to my phone, and what to do with it.

Also, I've been trying for the love of God since I got my BB to install AOL Instant Messenger with no such luck. Connection always seems to time out... what do I do???

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: BB Noob, AOL AIM, Icons? Help..

IIRC, the AOL app doesn't like to cooperate. You might want to look at Jive Talk, an IM client that works extremely well with AOL, Yahoo, Google, and a few other IM platforms.

The Globe with the 3 comes from a new message somewhere in your inbox, IIRC. I've never had the issue, but I remember others having this problem.

Scroll all the way through your inbox and make sure that there isn't a new message sitting at the bottom.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

What is IIRC? Is there anything that will not cost me anything to use AOL Instant Messenger... those packages are nice, but I really do not want to pay any money especially since I do not use ICQ or MSN or Yahoo.

jonbost no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA03C0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ rambel or something like that is a free aol messanger. As with the globe they are pushed browser messages or something like that. To see them you can go into message folder hit the menu button and go to view folders. That should help you. I cannot remember the correct spelling of the aol clint program. From what I have heard it is not that good but hey it is free.