I have been using BB Messenger for almost a year now. Recently, one of my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

BBaholic no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Messenger Contact "missing"

Advertisement

I have been using BB Messenger for almost a year now. Recently, one of my contacts disappeared. At first it wasn't a big deal, I thought I would just add him again. He accepted, but never showed up on my contact list. He can write to me and I can write back. I just can't initiate conversation. Is there a reason why this particular contact would be hidden? Thanks in advance for your help.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    you need to have him delete you on his end then send you another request. I had the same thing happen where they had been gone from my list but I was still on theirs...so in order to restore name etc. I had them delete and re add me...seemed to work. Hope that helps.
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

Thanks, but we had tried that. I fact, several iteration have been unsuccesfull. I even tried adding him with another e-mail account, to no avail.

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had that same problem too, and here's what I did:
    1. Create a dummy address book entry that contains ONLY your friends PIN, no e-mail addresses. You can make the name anything you want, since you can later change it within BBM.
    2. Invite your friend, using the new dummy entry.
    I figured out that if the address book entry had any e-mail addresses in it, the invitation would go there. They accept, but the acknowledgement never gets back to BBM. BBM only likes PIN-PIN talk. It must be a bug, because if that's how it works, it should only invite via PIN, but....

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    I was having the same issue. Somehow, at some point if someone deletes you or you delete them, the BBM network may get "stuck" on the delete. In other words, its blocking your PIN from the other person's PIN. If you look at the person's contact info in an open conversation you can see it. Click on the convo, then Menu Button-->Contact Info. You'll see in the "Status:" field "Access Unauthorized" or something like that.

For someone that is on your friends list, in the Status field they will show as "Active".

Having said all that, I never did figure out how to work around it. I was about to uninstall BBM and reinstall it. But my BB died, and I got a warranty replacement. That cleared up the problem all together with a new PIN.

And o1so's suggestion about adding people to BBM is the only reliable way I've ever found to add someone to BBM. For some reason, "Use Once" is a hit or miss way to get them added. (At least for me)
    Last edited by LaTuFu; 04-01-2008 at 12:51 PM.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

o1sowise, thanks a lot! Using the PIN did the trick.

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3