Well i had my phone running good and not giving me any problems. I decide ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Maps and 8820 odd error/problem

Advertisement

Well i had my phone running good and not giving me any problems. I decide to give it a gander and upgrade to 4.5 I am not too fond of OS 4.5 with my phone and decided to revert to the old OS. I have ATT and downloaded their latest version which is 4.2.2 and it all went fine, downgraded ok. Then we get to a big major problem.
    You see, i was getting a java.lan.Nullepointerxception error. I decided to look into it and reformat my phone and re load it as this happened when I would to to my GPS menu on the Advanced option. Then once I wanted to save it as a Device GPS and the new coordinates, I would get that error. I reinstall OS 4.5 and its all working good with no problems there.
    Well I had many issues with OS 4.5 and cannot keep it on my Phone as I want it all to work good all the way. Well anyways, I then downgrade again and same error. I get RIMS's latest OS and it all goes well, same error. Downloaded JLCmder to Wipe my phone, well that program didn't help me at all. Same problem pops up after reinstalling the OS. i then decide that when it is downgrading to remove it onceit erased my phone.
    I removed the battery and got the red blinking light, no problem right. I re run apploader and BAM I finish re-installing the OS, ok so now it saves and well once I go to BB Maps, I hit start GPS and I get the option to use a Bluetooth device. Well I have built in GPS. Does anyone know how to fix this. I tried Maps from the RIM website, ATT's old OS, my own file set and so on, still no GPS recognized. I got Google maps and its a good program, just very bad. Yes very bad in the sense that my GPS location was so off. I tried Telenavs and it was more accurate. So the GPS is being detected by other Apps, just not BB maps. Its my favorite as its faster and my personal favorite. Google Maps just was so inaccurate that I gave up on it. Well any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Never Mind, I figured out my own problem sorry, can we have this post deleted.

Flyin18T no está en línea Stack level 2
    care to share how the story ends?

i went and ended up downloading it via OTA from Blackberry and that seems to have fixed it. I wonder what happened since My set of lbs files was always what i had used. It may have been the OS upgrade-downgrade process. Now it works perfectly fine and it doesn't ask to update or downgrade so the files are the same. It was an odd once but thanks to OTA I am happy.