I have BB Desktop Manager 4.2 on my IBM laptop for work. It is a ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kentmcpherso no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Desktop Mgr from 2 PCs?

Advertisement

I have BB Desktop Manager 4.2 on my IBM laptop for work. It is a special version of the desktop manager for IBM. It installs the IBM security policy on my 8830 and syncs with my Lotus Notes 7 email, calendar, to do list, etc. It works great.

I use Outlook 2003 for my personal contacts. Would it mess things up to load the Verizon supplied Desktop Manager 4.2 on my personal PC and set it up to sync my Outlook contacts? Will there be some sort of conflict in doing that?

Right now, I copy the personal contacts I want into my Notes contact manager so they get down to my BB but I'd rather not do that if possible.

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: BB Desktop Mgr from 2 PCs?

sorry i can't be of help with your trouble but i just wanted to welcome you to the stacks.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

yeah it should be fine. I know I connect my blackberry to my managers dm on his laptop and i use my personal laptop to connect my device. I use the same dm for my 8700g which is on the bes and mypearl which isn't,and I don't have any problems at all with it, so i dont seem why there would be an issue

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

As long as you install with the BIS/internet option at home you'll be fine. You'll have trouble if you install with the BES and/or Redirector option.

There's no such thing as a special IBM version of DM. All BB's and all versions of DM are designed to push security/IT policies where approriate. DM is not carrier nor device specific. You can download and use the latest version directly from RIM.

kentmcpherso no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the information. I loaded the BB DM software on my home PC with the BIS option. When I tried to set it up to sync with my Outlook contacts, it said it couldn't do it because wireless sync was enabled. I can't find where I can temporarily disable that.

Also, if I were able to do that and get my Outlook contacts down to my BB, would they end up going over to my Notes environment on my work PC? And would my Notes address go up to my Outlook contact list?