I am signing up for mymailexchange.com. I have been told 2 different things about Desktop. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

cmpfau no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Desktop and Exchange

Advertisement

I am signing up for mymailexchange.com. I have been told 2 different things about Desktop. Do I need to have desktop set up for BES even though it is hosted by a company outside mine or do I need to set it up for BIS. I do use BIS for 2 different emails.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: BB Desktop and Exchange

Depends on what you're trying to do. It's not "necessary" for either situation unless you want or need the features that Desktop Manager offers.

If you want to:
    • Use the App Loader to load/remove applications or perform OS upgrades
    • Use Media Manager in DM 4.2+
    • Tether
    • Modify sync settings
    • Sync via USB
    • Backup/Restore
    • Regnerate your encryption key
    • Modify folder redirection, filters, etc (for BES)
    Then you'll need Desktop Manager regardless of whether you're using BES (hosted or not) or BIS.
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-09-2007 at 12:36 PM.

OK, I was having problems wirelessly syncing with myexchangemail.com and I had talked to them and they could not figure it out either. I read on these forums that some of them was able to use sync cable to set it up. I did not know if they desktop set for BES or BIS when they connected.

Another question and a lot of frustration. I was talking with a rep from myexchangemail and they told me to wipe my bb and restart to try to wireless sync. I did that and now nothing works. I can not even get AOL to sync on its own. If I try to set up BES with myexchangemail it just says activating and then comes up and says contact administrator. Anyone know what to do now.