Got some tips for everyone using the BB_Browser in BB8800. This might work with other ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

BB Browser Hotkeys.

Advertisement

Got some tips for everyone using the BB_Browser in BB8800. This might work with other phones but I have only tested them on the 8800. i was browsing a page when i accidently hit a key and some dialog came up. So this led me to experiment on the hotkeys.

While fully browsing a site.

The 'A' key - will allow you to add a bookmark.

The 'S' key - will allow you to hotlink to that site as a message in your inbox. As soon as you open the message, it directs the browser to the page that was open while the 'S' was tapped.

The 'D' Key - will allow you to quickly hide the browser and fallback to previously opened application. Think of it as 'Alt+Tab' like in win32/linux.

The 'X' Key - will allow you anchor to a specific spot in the page. For example: You just posted a reply to a very long thread and you dont want to track all the way to bottom, here is a tip. press X then use the trackball to jump/scroll by pages until you reach the point of interest and press enter/press trackball.

The 'F' Key - will allow you to start a new search for a word in the page. see 'V' key.

The 'R' Key - will allow you to reload the page.

The 'C' Key - will allow you to see Connection Information.

The 'T' Key - will allow you to jump to the Top of the page.

The 'G' Key - will allow you to quickly bring up the "Go to" dialog avoiding the menu all-together.

The 'V' Key - will allow you to continue you search for a word after using the 'F' key. see 'F' key.

The 'H' Key - will allow you to direct your browser to you Homepage.

The 'B' Key - will allow you to jump to the Bottom of the page. some similarities to 'X' Key.

The 'U' Key - will allow you to hide your dashboard/hud(heads-up display) and go fullscreen.

The 'K' Key - will allow you to bring up your bookmarks.

The 'L' Key - will allow you to copy a link thats highlighted. You can send the link via Email, MMS, PIN, SMS text.

The 'P' Key - will allow you to copy the address of the page. You can also send the link via Email, MMS, PIN, SMS text.

The 'Space Key' - will allow you to jump to the very bottom. similar to 'B' key.

The 'Escape Key' - will allow you to jump to the previous page. Use the escape to stop a page from loading that you have requested using 'Go to'.

hope that helps everyone increase workflow.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Re: BB Browser Hotkeys.

We should have one for the 8100 also.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by gkg3059
    We should have one for the 8100 also.
    Try going to the Help App on your Pearl, Then select Browser and Browser Shortcuts.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint
    Got some tips for everyone using the BB_Browser in BB8800. This might work with other phones but I have only tested them on the 8800. i was browsing a page when i accidently hit a key and some dialog came up. So this led me to experiment on the hotkeys.

While fully browsing a site.

The 'A' key - will allow you to add a bookmark.

The 'S' key - will allow you to hotlink to that site as a message in your inbox. As soon as you open the message, it directs the browser to the page that was open while the 'S' was tapped.

The 'D' Key - will allow you to quickly hide the browser and fallback to previously opened application. Think of it as 'Alt+Tab' like in win32/linux.

The 'X' Key - will allow you anchor to a specific spot in the page. For example: You just posted a reply to a very long thread and you dont want to track all the way to bottom, here is a tip. press X then use the trackball to jump/scroll by pages until you reach the point of interest and press enter/press trackball.

The 'F' Key - will allow you to start a new search for a word in the page. see 'V' key.

The 'R' Key - will allow you to reload the page.

The 'C' Key - will allow you to see Connection Information.

The 'T' Key - will allow you to jump to the Top of the page.

The 'G' Key - will allow you to quickly bring up the "Go to" dialog avoiding the menu all-together.

The 'V' Key - will allow you to continue you search for a word after using the 'F' key. see 'F' key.

The 'H' Key - will allow you to direct your browser to you Homepage.

The 'B' Key - will allow you to jump to the Bottom of the page. some similarities to 'X' Key.

The 'U' Key - will allow you to hide your dashboard/hud(heads-up display) and go fullscreen.

The 'K' Key - will allow you to bring up your bookmarks.

The 'L' Key - will allow you to copy a link thats highlighted. You can send the link via Email, MMS, PIN, SMS text.

The 'P' Key - will allow you to copy the address of the page. You can also send the link via Email, MMS, PIN, SMS text.

The 'Space Key' - will allow you to jump to the very bottom. similar to 'B' key.

The 'Escape Key' - will allow you to jump to the previous page. Use the escape to stop a page from loading that you have requested using 'Go to'.

hope that helps everyone increase workflow.
    Does anyone here know the hot key for the speaker phone. I had one when I used a 7130e right on the keyboard. The only way I access the speaker key right now is through the menu key........I know there has to be a one key activation on the keyboard to enable the speaker phone.