Say I can scroll over to the 'messages' button before it clicks automatically, it will ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

JoeyG88 no está en línea Stack level 1

BB automatically "clicking" scroll wheel, without me clicking!

Advertisement

Say I can scroll over to the 'messages' button before it clicks automatically, it will open messages, open the first message it's highlighted on, then reply to it, and send the message. All without me touching it.

This happens in any application/setting. It's as if a ghost is controlling the scroll wheel!

Is my BB done? I have tried numerous times in resetting it (take out the battery, as it seems hitting alt+cap+del does not work anymore) and even WIPING the whole blackberry.

It will call people without me wanting to, text people with blank messages. It's getting ridiculous.

Thanks in advance.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    It actually sounds like your trackball is dirty or the switch is stuck down. There are instructions for doing this all over the stacks. If you don't feel comfortable doing this and your unit is still under warranty you should be able to get a warranty exchange done. If it is out of warranty then you should be able to find a shop that can do the work for you.

Zo
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I forgot that this doesn't occur ALL the time, but when it does it usually is very severe. Sometimes it's slight, and other times it's like the phone is possessed.

Still sound like a dirty trackball?

MrCmonster no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    My curve was doing the same thing. I updated the OS, and its been perfect ever since. HTH.
    --
    ~via my red 8310 Curve BB~
    When in doubt, pull the battery out.

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    i would just turn the sound of on my track ball
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

Quote Originally Posted by siccmade View Post
    i would just turn the sound of on my track ball

It's not a sound, it's the action that would occur if you press down on the track ball. Not scroll, but press down.

I have a mac, and can't download .exe files, so how can i get an update in NON .exe format?