I'm having a problem with playing files from the media player - it seems to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

fizzlepop no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 8800 Resets any time I try playing something from the media player

Advertisement

I'm having a problem with playing files from the media player - it seems to always reset any time I try and play something with the media player (if it is from the media card). It seemed to work fine w/ the preloaded video and music file and when I moved my mp3 ringtone to the device storage, it played the file OK. Just for some reason, any time I move something to the card, it will start up the media player to try and play it and then reset. Any suggestions? I've already formatted the card and put it back in...

Thanks,

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: BB 8800 Resets any time I try playing something from the media player

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Have you played with the Mass Storage setting? I can't imaging that would be it, but it might be something!

It's under options then Media Card.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Transfer the info from the card to the pc. then format the card in the phone and transfer back a couple of the files. One of two things is happenning if it does not happen off the files on the device. 1) The card is bad and needs to be formatted/replaced 2)there is a file on the card that is either corrupt or non compatible.

fizzlepop no está en línea Stack level 1

I think the card must be bad... when I tried viewing a 3gp video off of the card, it reset. When I tried playing an mp3 off the card, it reset. I even moved the files, reformatted the card with an SD card formatting software program (full format), put the files back on and still the same thing. By the way, it's a 64 meg Sandisk (I meant to get a larger one anyway, but this one was free w/ my old phone). When I moved the mp3 to my phone, it plays fine.

I swapped cards with my friend's 8800 and his reset also. I played the mp3's off of his 512meg Sandisk card just fine... must be the card, no?