I just got a BB 8800 through AT&T. It arrived at my house today and ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

damadhatter no está en línea Stack level 2

BB 8800 reboots.. kind of

Advertisement

I just got a BB 8800 through AT&T. It arrived at my house today and I am having problems

It seems like the device is doing somewhat of a reboot. What will happen about every minute or so, it the screen will go black, service light turns red, white screen comes back on with hour glass, trys to find network, then I get a message saying "media card removed" This is all pretty quick, so doesn't strike me as a full reboot. I upgraded to the latest AT&T handheld software 8800M_PBr4.2.1_rel139_PL2.3.0.74_A4.2.1.79 hoping this would help but it didn't I am thinking defective device, anyone ever have this issue?

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BB 8800 reboots.. kind of

I work for ATT in Blackberry support I would reccommend you return it to the store and try another one, quite possibly a device issue.

I actually bought this through ATT premier, it was factory refurbished, which I have always been told are better than brand new (fully tested) looks like I got the bunk one, o well I have a new one on the way, I agree, bad device

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Usually they are just fine I occassionally run across one that may not have been test so well, all refurbs have an occasional defunt that slips through, sorry that happened,

dblake no está en línea Stack level 1

I experienced same problem last night. 8800 working fine for over 1 month and then went dead while in holster. When I switched on screen went white with little closk turning, then red LED comes on a screen goes black. Keeps repeating itself.
    Battery and/or SIM card removal/replacement didn't help. Alt-Ctrl-Del didn't work.

snodgrkc no está en línea Stack level 1

mine did the same thing
    had it since march and i woke up this morning to find it powered off and then tries to power back up for 2 seconds and then powers back off...repeats this cycle until it runs out the battery...sucks! now i get to make a trip to at&t today...oh goody...NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by snodgrkc
    mine did the same thing
    had it since march and i woke up this morning to find it powered off and then tries to power back up for 2 seconds and then powers back off...repeats this cycle until it runs out the battery...sucks! now i get to make a trip to at&t today...oh goody...NOT!
    Yea, I replaced my device it was defective