Alright! I recently bought a blackberry 8800 and I am overall very impressed with this ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

xephrey no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 8800 questions / solutions

Advertisement

Alright! I recently bought a blackberry 8800 and I am overall very impressed with this little device! I just have a few things to ask ya'll reguarding software / solutions.

First off, is there a web browswer that views the webpage in its entirity? I mean... I realize that it'd probably be hard with flash infested sites and youtube and stuff like that, but I mean, just view all of the pictures and get the layout you would get on a PC, only with zoom options and such? That would be WONDERFUL. But Im guessing for now, the iPhone has the monopoly on that feature.

Playlists!

Also, continuous play - Id like to use my blackberry as a media player now and then, and it'd be nice to be able to have playlists and to play more than one song at a time instead of having to select each and every song you want to hear each time. Any ideas? Suggestions? Any 3rd party Media Player? Winamp/iTunes styled ones?

Im now pretty satisfied with instant messeging with IM+ although I had to drop a buttload of money at Handango's online store. Blech...

This isnt that important, but does anyone know of any good SCUM or NES emulators for the BB? I saw the NES one featured on this site and... it works, but its too laggy to be playable. How bout any Doom or Heretic game ports? I realize this is a more business oriented device, so its a bit more slim picking when it comes to good games, its probably better that way.

GPS!

any time I try anything involving the GPS, it says 'signal weak: find better sky view' Do I have to be outdoors for this thing to work? I'm not that familiar with GPS devices... It'd be nice to have this feature working, but I dont know what needs to be tweaked, or if I live in a bad coverage area? (Central Utah) *shrugs*

Well, that otta do it for now! I'd really appreciate any of ya'll's suggestions or comments!

Thanks

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

Re: BB 8800 questions / solutions

~via my BBerry 8800 on wap.pinstack.com~ hey, xeph. Welcome to the 8800 club!

You can get full pages similar to the iphones Safari browser with the Opera Mini Beta 4 browser. Its the latest broser they offer and you can get it at mini.opera.com,

Playlists!

As for a media player that does playlists... Not so sure. But I do know that you can play thru all the songs on your bb with the player it came with by clicking on media » music » media card (if you have one) or device memory. When you see a list of your songs press your options menue and choose play all or play folder if you have them seperated by artist or album.

Gps!

Yes you have to be out doors to use gps. Also you need a gps navigation program such as telenav or the like. I use telenav and love it. It gives audible turn by turn instructions and you can search for local businesses (such as restaraunts or movie theaters.) Its easy to use and it can even find you the cheapest gas in town! Some of the other stackers can suggest their navigator of choice and why they prefer that program too.

Hope that helps!

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Wanna just say that my GPS does work indoors and not only outdoors.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

The desktop media manager will allow you to make a playlist. Can't really import a list made previously on another piece of software such as iTunes or MediaMonkey.
    Dollars 5 complete in the general blackberry forums has a thread going regarding their purchase player to replace the one with the 8800 and curve. Still looks like it needs a bit of work though. As soon as they get their issues worked out it will be a sweet media player.

xephrey no está en línea Stack level 1

when Opera runs its little setup program, it comes up with 'failed to connect to internet' it might have to do with the APN, when I go into my APN settings, it says its 'internet.com' with blanks under username and password. What is this?

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by xephrey
    when Opera runs its little setup program, it comes up with 'failed to connect to internet' it might have to do with the APN, when I go into my APN settings, it says its 'internet.com' with blanks under username and password. What is this?
    i use this settings for tmobile 8800.

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    username: blank
    password: blank

go here to find you settings for you carrier
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...t_carrier.html

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by xephrey
    First off, is there a web browswer that views the webpage in its entirity?
    Have you tried Desktop View in the built-in browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by jgirly2
    Wanna just say that my GPS does work indoors and not only outdoors.
    It will work anywhere you can get signal from the GPS satellites. Odds are better if you're outdoors with an unobstructed view of the sky.