Hello, i have the BB 8800 and i think it is awsome, i do however ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

saladiro no está en línea Stack level 3

BB 8800 performance issues

Advertisement

Hello,

i have the BB 8800 and i think it is awsome, i do however have a few issues that hopefully someone can help me clear up.
    1) my BB appears to be performing a bit slow when i open and close apps. has anyone noticed this or have any advise?
    2) when i am on the home screen and i goto switch app. i see about 4-6 apps, does this mean they are running all at once, thus slowing my bb down
    3) for cingular, what is the deal with the GPS telenav? do I have to pay, it prompts me to enter a password...dont know what that is
    4) are there any other shortcuts, such as to turn the phone between vibrate and ring, I had the 7130c and it seemed to have more or these

please let me know

ChrisBlack no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24E5704A

Re: BB 8800 performance issues

About the performance issue when I open a Browser (Internet or Wap) and switch to another app without close it, my BB become slow. So it's necessary close the browser first, verify in your BB if it's the same case.

BTW, useful tips in: http://www.discoverblackberry.com/pe...ips_tricks.jsp

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can't really close certain apps. I forget which ones specifically but there are several that are pretty much always running.

Telenav is a pay-for service. I believe they do have a trial period but you need to sign up for service first -- either through Cingular or directly with Telenav. You can try loading BBmaps if you want a free GPS app but I really don't recommend it. Try out Mapquest Navigator. It's not officially released for the 8800 but I told it I have a Sprint 8703e and it's working great on my 8800. That said, I still prefer Telenav.

tks....why dont you recomend BB maps? can i use the GPS function with BB maps..
    can map quest navigator work with cingular? any charges?

tks

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Mine Performs Sluggish When: Im Surfing The Web And I Get A Phone Call Or Decide To Write An Email Quickly Itll Freeze Up. I Useually Turn It Off And Then Back On And Its Fine From There. You Cant Run Too Many Things At Once Till We Get Some Bb's With Dual Core Processors Haha.. That Will Be In About 2020.. I Cant Wait. Haha

tks....how do I know if I am running to many apps at once? when i go to switch application, is everything there being run? if so I have a bunch of stuff, from phone book, to internet, to bluetooth, BB messenger.....

I have tried closing down the intenet, but it still appers in "swithc apps"

just not sure how to understand what is running, and what stays running

please let me know

SkUbA0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240A0BB8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~those should just be shortcuts to help you out, for the performance issue I would try hard booting your device.(Pull the battery out for about 15 to 30 seconds) that should help, also you can try wiping the device and reloading it. Be sure to backup you bb before you do this so as not to lose your data.