hello, i just purchased a memory card for my BB8800. before inserting it, I had ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

saladiro no está en línea Stack level 3

Bb 8800 Memory Card Question

Advertisement

hello, i just purchased a memory card for my BB8800. before inserting it, I had about 17MB, left, not I have a ton. My question, is,when i go to put abunch of music, on it, does it first use up the 17MB then default to the memory card?

I am curious to, when I remove my memory card, what is actually on it...

are there any specific settings i have to specify?

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: Bb 8800 Memory Card Question

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you should be able to select where your going to store music, choose memory device to see what's on the card

cool....so, i get it, if i download a game, or put on some music, i have the option to put it on my memory card?

now, before I installed the memory card, i had 17mb left....my impression was that this was slowing down my phone's performance, will the new memory card actually show up as "Free space" in options, and possible give me a tiny bit of better performance, or will it act kinda like an "external hard drive" on a pc and only benefit me if i actually save things there?

last question, can I move some of the original files off of the blackberry and onto the memeory card?

just trying to get a bit of extra speed

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    Quote Originally Posted by saladiro
    cool....so, i get it, if i download a game, or put on some music, i have the option to put it on my memory card?

now, before I installed the memory card, i had 17mb left....my impression was that this was slowing down my phone's performance, will the new memory card actually show up as "Free space" in options, and possible give me a tiny bit of better performance, or will it act kinda like an "external hard drive" on a pc and only benefit me if i actually save things there?

last question, can I move some of the original files off of the blackberry and onto the memeory card?

The memory card is for storage purposes only, inserting one won't increase performance of your BB and also, games and other programs for your BB can't be installed to your microSD card.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

XL is correct! Memory Card is only for storage. Its not like the TREO or Windows Mobile which allows you to load programs on the cards. Strictly storage. If you want more speed and memory then you should remove storage items like pics and song files from the BB and put those on the card. Dont hog up memory with items that CAN be stored on a card!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by saladiro

The microSD card will not improve performance. If you have 17MB free you're not suffering from a shortage of memory. Remember, this isn't a PC -- it's a BB and 17MB is a ton of space. 1MB is a ton of space.

The microSD card is currently for media only -- not apps. You might be able to store other files on it in the future for other apps to use but you can't store and run any apps on the media card.

thanks all!!!