Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Perhaps the G is for Germany cause TMO is German.... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Re: Bb 8800 C, G & R ??

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Perhaps the G is for Germany cause TMO is German.

auroran no está en línea Stack level 2

From what i've seen the letters mean the following
    C = Cingular (provider specific)
    G = GSM (no specific provider)
    R = Rogers (provider specific)
    I = Iden (Motorola's network used by Nextel in the US and TELUS Mike in Canada)
    E = EVDO (high speed CDMA data mode)
    V = Vodaphone (provider specific)
    F = French model?

I was looking up versions a few months ago and the above is what I've determined but I may not be completely be accurate.

BBNUT#1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    g = generic... LOL JK!!!
    It was always my understanding that the "g" was for generic. The reason that the 7105 had a "t" was because the 7105 was only released on TMO.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

The letters don't necessarily designate a particular carrier though a carrier may choose to offer only certain models. Obvious examples include the 8703e which is carried by both Verizon and Sprint. G isn't carrier specific as the Cingular 7130 was the 7130g.

The letters didn't appear on models until the 7100 and the 8700. All former models (also including the 7290 though it was technically released after the 7100) had only numeric model numbers.

auroran no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    The letters don't necessarily designate a particular carrier though a carrier may choose to offer only certain models. Obvious examples include the 8703e which is carried by both Verizon and Sprint. G isn't carrier specific as the Cingular 7130 was the 7130g.

The letters didn't appear on models until the 7100 and the 8700. All former models (also including the 7290 though it was technically released after the 7100) had only numeric model numbers.
    I beg to differ about the 7130 model; cingulars own website mentiones it as the C version here. http://business.cingular.com/busines...ison-popup.jsp

I'm thinking there's some that are provider specific and some that are network specific.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123