Okay, so here's the deal... I put my old 8800 into a wash, by accident. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

hidea no está en línea Stack level 1

BB8800 Vs. Water.. BB8800 WON! Well.. sorta.

Advertisement

Okay, so here's the deal...

I put my old 8800 into a wash, by accident. It was a wash with my whites, so, it was under HOT wash, bleached, loads of detergent, and fabric softener.

It was in the wash for a good 10 minutes (and the BB was actually turned on!). I had to pull my BB resulting a light burn on my hand. But it was.. lol, one of the hottest thing I've ever dip my hands in.

Anyway, I thought it'd be dead, but I air dried it for a good 72 hours.

So, here it is, 72 hours later, everything is WORKING 'WELL'!

Sure, my LCD is out of it, it seems that the screen has been cracked, but it's not. There's a lot of patchy-ness on the LCD, but there's no distortion on the actual pixels. no dead pixels, everything is readable!

I can download data, upload data, make phone call, receive phone call, just about everything, even the GPS! Oh, not to mention, speaker phone works fine too! and voice recognition works fine too! i can sync it witth my desktop as well! It's as if nothing ever happened (aside from the ugly screen)

SALUTE TO RIM FOR MAKING A DEVICE THAT CAN STAND WATER DAMAGE

kwyjibo no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BB8800 Vs. Water.. BB8800 WON! Well.. sorta.

Wow! There was a LOOOONG thread on this when I was a Treo boy at the treo.net posts. It seemed water and the Treo always had a good 30-40% chance of winning a good dip in the pool. So far my first two Pearls handled some nice drops (my third one is being protected in a leather pouch)

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Re: BB8800 Vs. Water.. BB8800 WON! Well.. sorta.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yeah for the 8800 Aquaberry!