Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had TMobile replace my 8800 under warranty for the squeaky siderails. I discovered that ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

shredster2002 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BB8800 Squeky Siderails is driving me nuts! What are your solutions that worked?

Advertisement

I had TMobile replace my 8800 under warranty for the squeaky siderails.
    I discovered that the Tmobile 8800's on the floor of my local tmobile store didn't squeak, nor did a friend's Cingular 8800. The noise from the side rails gets induced into the microphone and seriously degrades the call quality. for $300 or more, I expect the phone not to actively degrade call quality. I simply explained to tmobile that the side rails had come loose. They agreed (as they heard the noise during the conversation), that it was a mfg defect, and promptly replaced the phone.

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcat
    I must be lucky 'cause I dont have a squeacky 8800, and so dont know what the racket is about.
    same here, i dont have a clue what they are talking about. thank goodness

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Re: BB8800 Squeky Siderails is driving me nuts! What are your solutions that worked?

Initially I didn't have squeeks, but after a week or two, I did.

I decided to bite the bullet and take the back cover off, remove the 4 torx screws, and pry off the side rails with my fingernail. I rolled up half-inch sections of scotch tape and stuck them on anywhere that there wasn't an opening or button. I snapped the rails back on and replaced the screws.

I had a smidge of squeek remaining on one side, so I removed that one rail again, put more tape inside and put it back together. It feels rock solid now, and no more squeek at all.

My battery cover, on the other hand...

Well, I padded that too, but instead of rolling up tape, I just put a business card inside (which acts as identification) and taped it to the inside of the cover. Still squeeks a tad but I haven't done anything else with it yet. I'll probably put something like cardboard under the battery itself.

neggie no está en línea Stack level 2

the toothfloss trick do you tuck it all the way around wraping the silver side rails or the back or the front ??

RogersToronto no está en línea Stack level 2

i wraped back to front... that wat its even and will not warp a thing

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

I've done the tape trick, removed the rails, and stuck small pieces of electrical tape inside. Will note, that the creaking and squeaking make me nervous. The build quality is a bit lacking.

I started another thread earlier this month regarding the build origination, and overall build quality. And didnt get a lot of responses. I just think that they are cheap acting, nad hate having to "Rig" anything.

If the tape thing does not hold up, ill try the floss.
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

benway no está en línea Stack level 2

just put a couple of drops of high quality silcone/teflon lube in there [worked for me]

the squeak is plastic/plastic, friction/rubbing

hope that helps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12