Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A very Sexy Phone.. the Sides are very classy looking... but they are squeaky as ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

RogersToronto no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb BB8800 Squeky Siderails is driving me nuts! What are your solutions that worked?

Advertisement

A very Sexy Phone.. the Sides are very classy looking... but they are squeaky as hell! Ive looked very hard on google for pictures to disasseble with no luck. I was going to dissasemble siderails and stick paper in it so it would stop squeaking.

Ive heard about people using Tooth Floss. How does this work? Do you just use a needle and poke/push the floss it into the siderails without dissasembling anything?

How do you do it. Can someone explain step my step. I would appreciate it.

Or please share your other solutions on how you solved your squeakberry 8800!

Thanks.

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: BB8800 Squeky Siderails is driving me nuts! What are your solutions that worked?

Well i put on it a ruberized case from seido....

It protects it, and you dont hear the fu**ing noise.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: BB8800 Squeky Siderails is driving me nuts! What are your solutions that worked?

I use the rubberized case from Seido, too!

aljon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2040a501

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sedio case is the way 2 go. Best case and holster for any phone. Will get one for my 8700. Best grip in town, wish I had it when I purchased 8700 would have saved lot's of scratches and dents.Good investment for any bb

Quote Originally Posted by aljon
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sedio case is the way 2 go. Best case and holster for any phone. Will get one for my 8700. Best grip in town, wish I had it when I purchased 8700 would have saved lot's of scratches and dents.Good investment for any bb
    Im currently using the original Blackberry Silicone Casing!!! it was only 11.99cdn at the Rogers store and it makes it feel very grippy. I can leave it ontop of my dash and it wont move whatsoever when I drive! Though, it would be nice to use the PHone sometimes without any cases wrapped around. Thanks.. I will definately look into the Seidio case!

besides, is this the case you guys are talking about?
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/583-Seidio-Rubber...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks again

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by henry8888
    besides, is this the case you guys are talking about?
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/583-Seidio-Rubber...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks again
    That's it, Seidio siper slim rubberized case. The only way to go in my opinion.

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the dental floss method works:
    Get waxed, un-flavored floss and color it black with a sharpie...
    Then take the floss and work into the sides, it should go in easily and i used a businedd card to push all the way in,

Just tuch the floss in and you should be good to go, i did it 2 mths ago and the phone does not squeak at all...

Good Luck

pdqgp no está en línea Stack level 2

Same here. Only I didn't color mine. Once in place one end would occasionally work it's way out, so I put a partial drop of super glue on it and tucked it back in with a razor blade. She's been super solid since.

Personally, I use a clear material cover too. Shield Zone is where I got mine and it protects it perfectly, adds a tremendous amount of grip and is completely invisible too.

Quote Originally Posted by salvatoretri
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the dental floss method works:
    Get waxed, un-flavored floss and color it black with a sharpie...
    Then take the floss and work into the sides, it should go in easily and i used a businedd card to push all the way in,

Just tuch the floss in and you should be good to go, i did it 2 mths ago and the phone does not squeak at all...

Good Luck

bbcat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2835A200

I must be lucky 'cause I dont have a squeacky 8800, and so dont know what the racket is about.
    "Do the Right Thing, Make your Mother Proud"

Smile Re: BB8800 Squeky Siderails is driving me nuts! What are your solutions that worked?

haha, you must got a later gen 8800. WHo knows. But you must be a very lucky person. I will try to insert the Toothfloss. Nothing to lose! Do I push the floss all the way into the siderails of the phone. Or just where the siderail and phone make contact?

Thanks for replying!

auswims no está en línea Stack level 1

I used the floss trick; worked like a charm! Work it all the way "into" the space between the side rails and the cover.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Mine only squeaks (more of a creaking sound really) if I clutch it like letting go of it would literally kill me. Since I pretty much never do that, no noise.

What's the name of the song? "Hang On Loosely"
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

Smile Re: BB8800 Squeky Siderails is driving me nuts! What are your solutions that worked?

Whoever thought of the Floss trick is awesome... you really got some brains, haha.. I tryed it today and it worked like a charm! I know I saved myself a lot of hassle from doing this then going back to RIM. THANKS ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fbriceno97 Guest

I am going to try it now....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast