Hello everyone, before buying a BB 8800 i would like to know if anyone has ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

SSEnterpriseltd no está en línea Stack level 1

BB8800 on e-commerce sites

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

before buying a BB 8800 i would like to know if anyone has been able to use their BB to access E-Commerce sites and log in to view details of orders?

Josh
    S.S.Enterprise Ltd

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: BB8800 on e-commerce sites

That depends on the site. I know on my 8700 I have been able to purchase product for my store through my vendor's sites with no problems.

Zo

unclebrudy no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey bud.

This is exactly why I bought one, though initially I thought I made a mistake, because I was unable to log onto any of my banking/financial/investment/etc. sites. However, this was easily remedied by changing browser emulation for "Blackberry" to "IE".

Btw, I am uncertain if it is actually called "browser emulation", but while in the default BB browser, go into options and you'll see something equivalent to that which you could change to "IE". I am able to log onto most of my sites now. I tried this with Opera beta, but unless I am doing something wrong, I am unable to do the same thing.

Let us know.

-Brian

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

The sites you are visiting may not be mobile enabled. I know I was unable to visit my Bank Of America accounts on my phone but could go to my USAA accounts. Once BOA enabled mobile banking for my area everything worked fine. Those are the only two financial sites I check from my 8700 so I don't know anything about any other sites. I do know that it doesn't make a difference for me whether I am in IE or Blackberry emulation. Financial sites handle security differently than most e-commerce sites. I would check with the institutions you are trying to access and see if they offer a mobile site or if they require that you activate mobile access from your PC prior to visiting it from a phone.

As for Opera being able to emulate a different browser, I don't think that Opera Mini can even though the PC version can.

Zo