I was able to connect my 8800 to my tomtom to get traffic reports.....does anyone ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

mcaram16 no está en línea Stack level 2

BB8800 / Cingular / TomTom 910

Advertisement

I was able to connect my 8800 to my tomtom to get traffic reports.....does anyone know if it charges against my unlimited data plan only and not to some other data plan? also, does anyone know what the deal is with the 1 month trial? If its using ur data plan, is there really a trial period??

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BB8800 / Cingular / TomTom 910

yes the trial period will only last one month. I with cingular.

mcaram16 no está en línea Stack level 2

Does it charge against the unlimited BB data plan, or it a different charge with cingular??

seoirse_manor no está en línea Stack level 1

How did you get this working? I have managed to connect TomTom to BB8800 for bluetooth handsfree (this bit was easy) but I have not managed to setup a data connection that works for the traffic information. Checking with TomTom suggests the Blackberry is only supported for handsfree and not the Plus services but it sounds like you got it working? Any hints, what firmware version are you running on the 8800? Thanks.

NunyaMN no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by seoirse_manor
    How did you get this working? I have managed to connect TomTom to BB8800 for bluetooth handsfree (this bit was easy) but I have not managed to setup a data connection that works for the traffic information. Checking with TomTom suggests the Blackberry is only supported for handsfree and not the Plus services but it sounds like you got it working? Any hints, what firmware version are you running on the 8800? Thanks.
    I'd like to know the answer to this too. I am on at&t/Cingular