Hi all , I'm really new to this BB8800. Currently testing on the Map for ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

janethong no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down BB8800 BIS Map

Advertisement

Hi all ,

I'm really new to this BB8800. Currently testing on the Map for this model. Anybody have any idea on how to access the map/download the map using BIS? I heard that this BB8800 doesn't come with a BIS browser. Is it true? Where can I find any information regarding this issue? My colleague has tested the BES and it can download the map nicely, but not the BIS. Please help... =(

Rgds,
    Janet

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: BB8800 BIS Map

Hello Janet and Welcome to the Stacks. Do you have an internet icon on your home screen (Internet Browser or Blackberry Browser), if you don't, have you signed up for a data plan as they are not delivered to your phone (in your service books) until you have a data plan.

Also, what map application are you trying to download?

janethong no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi ljbyar,

Thx for your reply. Yup, I do have the browser. Hmm, I am testing the GPS using BIS. I have signed up a Yahoo email and set it up in my BB8800. But I still couldn't download the map (btw, I'm residing in Singapore, not sure whether there's any concern with downloading the map using a BIS account). Please advise.

Rgds,
    Janet

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

What map program are you trying to load?