Hello All, I have had my BB8800 sincel 1st April 2007. It now appears to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kevinfawl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205BE086

BB8800 Battery Drain from Full to Zero in less than 48hrs with minimal usage

Advertisement

Hello All,

I have had my BB8800 sincel 1st April 2007.
    It now appears to drain the battery from Full to Zero in less than 48 hours with the usage typically 5x2minute calls per day.

Anyone else have this issue?

Help much appreciated.

02UK (service provider) said I had to contact RIM - but that is much easier said than done.

Peeved!
    Kevin

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: BB8800 Battery Drain from Full to Zero in less than 48hrs with minimal usage

How do you use your phone? i.e. since you purchased it in April, does it stay on 24/7?

If so, it may just be the battery is worn out and has to be replaced. The batteries have a finite amount of charges on them before they start to degrade over time.

I bought my Pearl in April, used to get great battery life out of it even with heavy usage. Now I'm lucky to make it home from work without needing a charge of some kind.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: BB8800 Battery Drain from Full to Zero in less than 48hrs with minimal usage

You can always try looking at this post:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tery_life.html

kevinfawl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205BE086

Thumbs up Re: BB8800 Battery Drain from Full to Zero in less than 48hrs with minimal usage

Thanks - I'll give the settings a go and maybe a new battery.

Regards
    Kevin

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2
    You're lucky...I'm minimal voice usage and mine goes down to about 10-20% battery life by the end of the day...gotta charge every night, and occassionally using the usb cord and desktop computer at work.

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3

Do y'all get frequent "searching for cdma" or "searching for network" messages on the top of the screen? If so, that's the problem - constantly searching for a wireless signal drains the battery right quick.

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8

keep you phon only on or set it t quiet while you sleep the vibrationg funtion an the speaker eats at battery life

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Mabe look into getting a new batt for sure...if you do theen think about getting the extended life batt from seido i got mine a few months ago and i love it! 3 solid days of life with 5-6 calls a day varying in times and a pretty large amount of bb messaging and yahoo messaging a seldom video upload a playing while bored at work. Might be a good investment to check out.