I dropped my 8820 last week. Not a bad drop, but the battery cover came ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

fwellers no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242219FB

battery cover comes off

Advertisement

I dropped my 8820 last week. Not a bad drop, but the battery cover came off.
    Ever since then, the battery cover is loose, slides off pretty darn easy. Today it came off in my pocket. this is unacceptable to me.
    I've looked and can see nothing broken, all the tabs seem to be in place. I adjusted the little metal tab outward to try and make more of a tight fit, but that doesn't work.

Anyone else had this problem ? Is there any fix, or what should I do ?

In the event that there is no fix, I am thinking I may have to find some real tight skin or something. Any suggestions there ?

Thanks for any advice.

Floyd
    People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
    Peace,
    Floyd

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: battery cover comes off

I don't know if this will help, but I had a loose battery cover on my 8700 and I took a business card and cut it down so I could tape it to the inside of the battery cover. It tightened things up. But my battery cover wasnt coming off, it was just loose. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose . . .

PIN/ID
    242219FB

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic View Post
    I don't know if this will help, but I had a loose battery cover on my 8700 and I took a business card and cut it down so I could tape it to the inside of the battery cover. It tightened things up. But my battery cover wasnt coming off, it was just loose. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose . . .
    Thanks for the try. :-)
    Nope, that makes it worse on the design of this one.
    People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
    Peace,
    Floyd

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

did you see this link? some people have solved the problem by using a skin, probably like these in the Pinstack Blackberry store.

PIN/ID
    242219FB

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic View Post
    did you see this link? some people have solved the problem by using a skin, probably like these in the Pinstack Blackberry store.
    Yup saw it. Thanks. I am looking at skins now, wondering which one would be best. I like the thinnest, as I pocket carry. Plus just wondering if anyone has kluged this issue on the 88xx series.
    Peace,
    Floyd

Joe4pal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

I've never had trouble with my 8820~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

s0ldats no está en línea Stack level 1

No probs on my 8830, but I am using a bb skin.

Sadly the skin is not very tight on the sides. Did I get a defective one?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~