Hi, I have a question which is driving me mad, I get blackberry 8800 3 ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

yabadallah no está en línea Stack level 1

Balckberry 8800 - Sos Signal

Advertisement

Hi,
    I have a question which is driving me mad, I get blackberry 8800 3 weeks ago and set it up with T-Mobile UK.It worked perfect for !!Till yesterday.Yesterday all of a sudden my balckberry turned itself off ( with the red flashing light ! ) .

I started the blackberry and once it turned itself on there was no GPRS sgnal anymore.It is SOS !!.
    I tried the usual "take the battery and sim card out " thing but no luck.Sometimes I get GSM signal sometimes I get SOS signal. When I get GSM signal thoug I can not make any calls ( Call Failed message comes !) or send SMS.

I called T-Mobile and they checked my area to see if they have reception problems .There is no reception problems as well.

I am new to Blackberry so will appreciate your help. Do you think the problem is with the handset ??

p.s during my resettings I could once get the GPRS for a very short time ( aprx 15 minutes ) and during this time I received a SMS stating that the blackberry is registered.This is weird as it was already registered before.

Thanks for your help.
    Apo
    Last edited by yabadallah; 07-19-2007 at 11:32 AM.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Balckberry 8800 - Sos Signal

sounds like a hardware issue on the phone.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Balckberry 8800 - Sos Signal

HArdware failure seems likely, but maybe it would be a good idea to wipe and reload your OS. Just to eliminate that option Welcome to Pinstack!
    Andy