Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. Should I report this case to the media? I think it's very unfair that ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Advertisement

1. Should I report this case to the media? I think it's very unfair that I had to waste so much time and loose so much money because TMO sent me defective devices.
    Just make sure you don't put them out of business. I like their prices.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Bad luck or Coincidence?TWICE! You decide TMO 8800 Device Problems

It depends on what you need. Since you are "an entrepreneur, innovator, and revolutionary. Nothing else matters" I might have looked at what your long term goals might be as far as Blackberry usage and what what you might to expect to get out of it. If you plan on growth (and from your public profile, looks like it!) I would have measured the costs based on group rates vs single rate usage. I've been with T-Mobile for quite some time now. No problems at all. Just my opinion. Best of luck on your new endeavor

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

First off I would like to apologize for what happen. That's crazy but that's usually what happens with a brand new phone. There's usually some sort of bug with them. But still that's nuts! I would still try and talk to tmobile about the issue and ask to speak with a supervisor. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Mike, How are you doing with Cingular?
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

zac123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23fc97c6

This in no way compairs to the time and cash you put out but it may be interesting to some. I purchased my first BB (8700c) from Cingular. I have been with cingular for a couple of years and have had very good service with them. The sales rep did not tell me I would need a special BB plan, and an add on for text messenging. I found that out after swapping the sim card and came up with an error. Ok so I set it all up to use the BB the way I wanted to. No big deal. So two weeks go by and I fall in love with yet another BB, the 8800- I buy it also and keep the 8700c. I have the 8800 a few days and I thought the track ball was not following correctly but then it seemed to be Ok. Then it acted up again but this time it was terminal. It would not move to the left. So I call cingular and they agree to express over night me a new 8800. The next day comes to end and no 8800. Now Im getting mad! I called and was told " No Problem, we will track it, then they said we see no tracking # but it is Ok, it will be there the next day in the AM for sure". Well the end of the next day comes and still no 8800. I call again and get a supervisor who finds out someone made an error and it never went out. That was last Friday and I had to travel for bussiness on Saturday. I had to find a Cingular owned store ware they gave me a new 8800. That night after syncing with my desktop manager to install my back up file I went on Amazon.com to buy a Crystal Clear screen protector. The order came in yesterday, Monday. When I opened the package I was shocked. Now you would think that something you buy to keep scratches and smudges off of your cell should not come "pre-loaded" with scratches and smudges right? Well you would be wrong.. I called Amazon and they said " sorry- contact the Mfgr, Boxwave". I did that and they do not want to know anything, it seems by me opening the package voided the return deal. I contacted Amazon again and they said thy will review the problem and let me know in one to two weeks if they will do anything. So- No more purchases from Amazon for me... They will not cover what they sold me so they are done-finished-kaput... So we all have our own personal little hells it seems. O yes, about Congular, I called back to complain about how my corporate account was handled and they put me on hold to see if there was anything they could do for me for all the inconvience. They say they are giving me 2400 Bonus Roll Over minuts added to my account every month as long as I hold the account open. So I will see come the next few bills if that is true. I have the reps ID #, name and location if that was BS. Fifteen years ago I never even worried about a cell, never worried about much back then come to think of it.

capitalist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA5CD0
    I spke with about 3 supervisors.they were pt no pot help,they asked to replace the phone.-just got fed up after receiving the second phone which was also defective.dont plan on dealing w TMO anymore.i'm surprised they were ranked best in overall customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    First off I would like to apologize for what happen. That's crazy but that's usually what happens with a brand new phone. There's usually some sort of bug with them. But still that's nuts! I would still try and talk to tmobile about the issue and ask to speak with a supervisor. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23FA5CD0
    Good point bglawremce.I dont have the time or patience to go to the media.Maybe this was any isolated incident.

I spoke with RIM in regards to this issue.They are not responsible for the phones after they go to the carrier.The carrier T
    (TMO) sells the phones and therefore they hold the license and the warranty under these terms agreed upon with RIM.therefore, its a TMO issue.even though RIM is the manufacturer, the 8800 is cuustomized by the individual service providers.

Also,there isnt a 2-3 sec delay on the cingular 8800 I now have.
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence
    Just my opinion caused you asked in your post if anyone believed you should go to media on this. Frankly, going to the media wont be a big enough story unless you can find hundreds with the same issues. Seems very possible that there's a bad batch out there though delivered to TMO which would be more of a RIM issue than TMobile. Afterall, Tmo isnt the manufacturer. Biggest issue I have with TMO is the darn 2-3 second delay when calling a non tmobile number! End up saying hello 2-3 times before the other party heres anything. Now that is inconvenient!!

I don't have two different carriers. Cingular 8800 is unlocked for Tmo service - one of employees uses that one and I have the Tmo version which I got the after they came out. Everyone else in my company is still using the Pearl 8100.

PIN/ID
    23FA5CD0
    Thanks for sharing your story with us zac.

Quote Originally Posted by zac123
    This in no way compairs to the time and cash you put out but it may be interesting to some. I purchased my first BB (8700c) from Cingular. I have been with cingular for a couple of years and have had very good service with them. The sales rep did not tell me I would need a special BB plan, and an add on for text messenging. I found that out after swapping the sim card and came up with an error. Ok so I set it all up to use the BB the way I wanted to. No big deal. So two weeks go by and I fall in love with yet another BB, the 8800- I buy it also and keep the 8700c. I have the 8800 a few days and I thought the track ball was not following correctly but then it seemed to be Ok. Then it acted up again but this time it was terminal. It would not move to the left. So I call cingular and they agree to express over night me a new 8800. The next day comes to end and no 8800. Now Im getting mad! I called and was told " No Problem, we will track it, then they said we see no tracking # but it is Ok, it will be there the next day in the AM for sure". Well the end of the next day comes and still no 8800. I call again and get a supervisor who finds out someone made an error and it never went out. That was last Friday and I had to travel for bussiness on Saturday. I had to find a Cingular owned store ware they gave me a new 8800. That night after syncing with my desktop manager to install my back up file I went on Amazon.com to buy a Crystal Clear screen protector. The order came in yesterday, Monday. When I opened the package I was shocked. Now you would think that something you buy to keep scratches and smudges off of your cell should not come "pre-loaded" with scratches and smudges right? Well you would be wrong.. I called Amazon and they said " sorry- contact the Mfgr, Boxwave". I did that and they do not want to know anything, it seems by me opening the package voided the return deal. I contacted Amazon again and they said thy will review the problem and let me know in one to two weeks if they will do anything. So- No more purchases from Amazon for me... They will not cover what they sold me so they are done-finished-kaput... So we all have our own personal little hells it seems. O yes, about Congular, I called back to complain about how my corporate account was handled and they put me on hold to see if there was anything they could do for me for all the inconvience. They say they are giving me 2400 Bonus Roll Over minuts added to my account every month as long as I hold the account open. So I will see come the next few bills if that is true. I have the reps ID #, name and location if that was BS. Fifteen years ago I never even worried about a cell, never worried about much back then come to think of it.

PIN/ID
    23FA5CD0

Quote Originally Posted by wendycharles
    Mike, How are you doing with Cingular?
    Cingular is good. The first monthly statement was in the $250 range. I dont know if the next statement will be that high.... Too many taxes and fees.

Capitalist aka Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12