Hi! I have a 8800 on an unlimited subscribtion package with unlimited data plan on ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

sanjayg no está en línea Stack level 1

Background Info

Advertisement

Hi! I have a 8800 on an unlimited subscribtion package with unlimited data plan on o2 Business. I just wanted to know if their are any extra costs when receiving and sending emails abroad?? Also does blackberry have its own special coverage or something, because im confused with the costs and the way the network works?? THANKS!!!!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Background Info

Sanjayq, I would check with O2. I know on TMO you have to purchase an unlimited international plan (it's $19.99/month).

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Same on ATT... you need to alter your contract to place international calls... My guess is it's the same for O2, but, I'd check if I were you...

Those costs pile up quickly Good luck

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

sickened no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    dont ask

for emails no...for sms and and mms stuff it cost.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

There's a bit of confusion going on here...

If you're sending email to a recipient who is abroad, there's no additional cost over the cost of your required Blackberry data plan. SMS and MMS typically aren't included in your BB data plan though some carriers do include a pool of SMS/MMS with certain BB data plans. If your BB data plan doesn't specifically state that SMS/MMS is included then you can expect to pay for each incoming and outgoing message.

If you're traveling abroad and sending email then there is a data roaming charge on top of your Blackberry data plan unless you carriers offers an international Blackberry data plan and you have provisioned it. Same goes for SMS and MMS -- you'll pay roaming charges on them.

What do you mean by "does the Blackberry have its own special coverage"? The BB requires data coverage from a carrier and you have to have a Blackberry data plan.

sanjayg no está en línea Stack level 1

no I just got a little confused about the way the blackberry network works and the costs involved when roaming, but now I have a good understanding. THANKS EVERY1 !