Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I've been with TMO now for about 3 years. They have great coverage in the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bill-lindley no está en línea Stack level 1

TMO Service

Advertisement

I've been with TMO now for about 3 years. They have great coverage in the San Francisco Bay Area and World Class Customer / Technical Support. TMO's Blackberry service includes everything their digital package supports with the exception of "Hotspot" service. If I can't get TMO service I too am switched over to Cingular and I am not charged for the roaming.

BTW it's good to meet all you good folks. I have a 8100, my first Blackberry and I'm sure it will not be my last.

Bill

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by chameleon
    Not expecting free data plan - got impression from this thread that carriers other than Verizon had data plans that cost less than the $35-40 Verizon charges.
    Ah. That's because its Verizon and they charge it because they can (i.e their customers are willing to pay). You should really ask them why they don't offer a discounted BIS-only data plan or limited data plans.

Thirrouard no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, why we all want a 8800?
    Well, we sure love our BB, but they are not perfect, far from this. Personnaly I own a BB because of the keyboard and the very intuitive/stable OS. + we can find them very cheap on ebay compared to any other qwerty mobile...
    Anyway, if the BB could have video support, trackball, card extension, wifi and camera, while beeing slimer... god... you told me this one week ago I would say it's a crazy dream! ...
    But it will be reallity soon!
    I almost can't believe it!
    Really with all this, the only thing next version could bring more, is full BT capability (it would be so nice if we could transfert files using BT!)...
    and that's pretty all!
    Because card = easy to transfer files to PC/Mac (especially mac!), because while I love the BB OS and softwares, the BB Desktop Manager is a pain to use compared to iSync, for exemple...

LeoJZueg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2bfeb947
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does anyone know when Nextel will come out with the 8800?

cmlnr no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Availability of 8800

Quote Originally Posted by saa001
    Everything says T-Mobile is the way to go.
    Except the subpar network...

I'd even pay 5x more for Verizon than T-Mobile or Cingular. After all, these are meant to be communication devices, not frustration devices...

(I've had bad network quality experiences with all the big GSM carriers - switched to Verizon and am not looking back - it's the network - and it's worth the price difference!)

backbeat no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    Quote Originally Posted by cmlnr

I'd even pay 5x more for Verizon than T-Mobile or Cingular. After all, these are meant to be communication devices, not frustration devices...

(I've had bad network quality experiences with all the big GSM carriers - switched to Verizon and am not looking back - it's the network - and it's worth the price difference!)
    Oh, please ... Just as in politics ... All Coverage Is Local!

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by cmlnr

So have I, had experience with all the big GSM carriers and I live in LA, but travel extensively in the U.S. & abroad, and my experience with T-Mobile is outstanding, phone service and data. Ironically, my wife has had Verizon for years and there are numerous times she will use my phone to make a call as hers has no signal. It's anybody's guess.....

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391
    If I am deciding which carrier to go with, I'd factor in a few things...
    Where I live, do I travel a lot?, does a certain carrier have the phone I want? level of their customer service, and so forth. If most of the criteria are met, I'd go with that particular carrier. I'd go with Verizon if they have met the criteria. Even if that means I will end up paying 20~30 extra dollars a month.
    Luckily for me, TMO offers everything I need and then some.
    To top it all off, they seem to be one of the first ones to come out with 8800 models. Well, I don't see myself switching over to a different carrier for quite some time.
    Last edited by nabitheking; 12-14-2006 at 06:24 PM.

graphreak no está en línea Stack level 3
    The actual Phone itself makes a significant difference to quality of reception
    of signals at any given location.

I have the 8700g while a buddy has the S-E M600i, both with TMO.
    At the exact same location the M600i worked very well while my 8700g
    had practically no reception at all. (Location was inside a house.)

The place is notorious for bad signal quuality.
    Has only a few local Service providers Edge Wireless & US Cellular.
    While Verizon & Cingular do not even provide service for that ZIP directly.
    ~Graph
    8700g>DASH><8320><P1i><E71-2><G1>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123