Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does anyone have a better handle on when the 8800 will be available and the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Availability of 8800

Advertisement

Does anyone have a better handle on when the 8800 will be available and the pricing that it may have?

Also, Regarding Blackberry devices is there any one carrier that seems to do better with the Blackberry than the others?

Thank You,

Larry

texasman no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Availability of 8800

Larry-
    Good Evening Kind Sir. I heard that T-Mobile will roll out the 8800 in January. Also, T-Mobile Has the cheapest and greatest Blackberry Plan for $19.99. Everyone else is so expensive. Stay away from Verizon & Cingular. All those network upgrades they have made or making are costing all the coustomers BIG TIME.

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~adding to the above post, I'd like to mention that I left Cingular and came to t mobile because of the customer service and of course the cheaper plans.$44 for the same thing I can get for 20 seems retarded. And I haven't noticed a difference in quality. If anthing, t mobile is better

saa001 no está en línea Stack level 2

I second the T-Mobile deal. I was with CIngular and finally realized that even with paying the early termination fee, I would make back the savings in plan difference in about 6-7 months.

TG-Mobile customer service is much better (not that Cingular was bad). I get more minutes for less money. I get the same data plan for less money. The quality of the signal is the same here (southern California). And T-Mobile has a roaming agreement with Cingular (just make sure you are on a national plan).

Everything says T-Mobile is the way to go.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I'm preety sure it will cost more than the pearl... lets hope not tho

gator2418 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BDDBF

I have been with sprint/nextel for about 6 yrs and I must say that there plans are alot cheaper. I am so blown away, i should've been with tmo yrs ago. My question is why all of a sudden tmo is getting the hot blackberry's? If it's true about the 8800 coming to TMO.....
    " GROWN MAN GADGET"
    " WATCHA YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT"
    PIN# 249F0817

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

texasman, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cingular has a loy better service certain places don't have coverage with tmo such as cingular would and the data plan is 20 if u add it to your plan if not its.29.99 as cingulars is cingular is by far better than tmo

kwyjibo no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by gator2418
    I have been with sprint/nextel for about 6 yrs and I must say that there plans are alot cheaper. I am so blown away, i should've been with tmo yrs ago. My question is why all of a sudden tmo is getting the hot blackberry's? If it's true about the 8800 coming to TMO.....
    Check the rates - TMo jumped all the plans to about $20 more a month (still great plans, though-lots more options than vzw, and a lot more flexible with equipment upgrades).
    I think a lot of getting the 8100 first has to do with T-Mo's recent upgrade with purchase from FCC on Bandwidth spectrum and their dropping the Treo from their product line. Also, T-Mo is a lot more of a consumer carrier, rather than corporate carrier (I know BBerry is hot about breaking into the consumer market)
    I'm sticking with them because: I got my Pearl (love it)! They're GSM rather than CDMA and they have always treated me right when it came to billing issues.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid
    Also, Regarding Blackberry devices is there any one carrier that seems to do better with the Blackberry than the others?
    Not in my experience. The CDMA carriers tend to get new devices later than the GSM carriers. I'm using Cingular because they have better coverage where I need it. YMMV but I'd recommended basing your decision based on coverage first. Cheaper plans are great except if you can't use them when you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by pthomas11
    $44 for the same thing I can get for 20 seems retarded.
    Cingular's equivalent plan is $34 ($29 with a voice plan) IIRC. It's still higher than TMO but TMO's coverage doesn't work for eveyone. If you want to talk about "retarded", paying for nonexistent coverage is really "retarded".

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by pthomas11
    adding to the above post, I'd like to mention that I left Cingular and came to t mobile because of the customer service and of course the cheaper plans.$44 for the same thing I can get for 20 seems retarded. And I haven't noticed a difference in quality. If anthing, t mobile is better
    The $44 plan enable BES connectivity where as the cheaper plans fo not. Same for both Cingular and T-Mobile.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I heard T-Mobile will get it first, but not for 4-6 months, although someone did post they heard as early as January. As far as pricing, I would guess with a new contract it will probably be $299 like the 7290 and 8700 when they first came out. No matter when it comes out or how much it costs(I'm not eligible for an upgrade for like ten years-lol) I am getting the 8800 as soon as it's out.

resolution no está en línea Stack level 1

cingular is first to get it in early february

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Just updating earlier posts o don't know where various posters are getting their infpo as far as release dates, such as January or February, if you look at posts in the 8800 sectipon of this page, BoyGenius has posted some leaked RIM documents that lists the release of the Crimson and Indigo(8800 models w/ and w/out camera respectively) as Spring 2007. I tend to believe RIM over random posters who heard from their cousin who has a friend who knows a guy who works for this place that does business with this company who bought a blackberry once etcetera etcetera. Maybe I'll be wrong about this but I doubt it. And furthermore, RIM will release it when its ready. I would rather wait a few extra months for a device that works better with no bugs and all the kinks worked out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast