I've been sent a replacement Sprint 8830 and have noticed some peculiarities between the old ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

aikoman no está en línea Stack level 1

automatically select CDMA or GSM based on network availability

Advertisement

I've been sent a replacement Sprint 8830 and have noticed some peculiarities between the old one and the replacement. They are both running the same OS 4.2.2.123

The old 8830 has a different splash graphic when starting up from a battery pull.
    The old 8830 came up with a message after a battery pull that states:
    You have inserted a SIM Card. Would you like your BlackBerry to automatically select CDMA or GSM based on the network availability.

The new one has no such message. How do I reconfigure the new 8830 so that this message happens?
    The replacement did not fix the problem and I'm now not sure which one to send back. Any idea why the difference between these phones?

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: automatically select CDMA or GSM based on network availability

I think it automatically converts to the proper network. In the US it is CDMA all the way. Outside, you can go CDMA if its available or GSM. At least that is how I understand it.

You probably have a device with newer firmware.

Sniperet no está en línea Stack level 2

Under Options/Mobile Network you will see Network Mode, this gives you the option of locking the phone mode to CDMA, GSM or Global which is the automatic setting. When the phone first recognizes the SIM card it asks you if you want it to automatically use whatever network it finds after that it should not ask again unless you have done something to erase the setting, doing a restore did it to mine.

budj47 no está en línea Stack level 1

I lost my network and when I called into Sprint, they said to select "NO" to the question. Everytie I remove the battery now, I always answer "NO" and it works everytime.