I have the app error 523 on my 8800 (t-mobile)....I loaded no themes other than ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

antoniomj no está en línea Stack level 1

Question App error...But I just want to recover my contacts...possible?

Advertisement

I have the app error 523 on my 8800 (t-mobile)....I loaded no themes other than the ones that came with it. I did not add any new software at all weeks before the app error started. Only thing I could think of was GOOGLE SYNC, or the GOOGLE updater that would change my phone. It happened spontaneously. I removed all extra apps using desktop manager and still nothing. I would like to save my contacts.. that is all. Any way I can extract the Address book somehow.
    Last edited by antoniomj; 11-23-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: typo

Guys 8 views and no replies...Don't be shy!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Nope, that is what the back-up feature is for and why it's a good reason to use it often. If you use Outlook and sync to that, of course your contacts are there.

Otherwise, you are going to have to resintall the OS to your BB.

"Guys 8 views and no replies...Don't by shy!" This is often times guests to the site or someone who may not have an answer for you.

I hope the above helps and if not, post back and we'll continue to troubleshoot.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

tylerscott20 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Try leaving the battery out for 5 or 10 min. This happened to me today and i was about ready to reinstall my os and pulled the battery out. i came back later and put it back in and the error had gone away

Thanks man....I've accepted the worst case scenario...and I was just trying to motivate people with the 8 views.. I will leave it up here for a while before I reload the OS....one time my phone bounced back from the same APP ERROR...don't know how, but it did.

By the way no BB makes Thanksgiving Vacation so much more vacation like!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniomj View Post
    By the way no BB makes Thanksgiving Vacation so much more vacation like!
    But not NEAR as much fun!!!!

In the "Guides" link at the top and under "Device Troubleshooting" is a link on how to reinstall the OS when the device is not recognized. Use that link if you need assistance in getting your beloved BB back on its feet.

If you have any problems, there are thousands of people here to help. Some with no lives at all...alot like me...that are here waiting to help so post back with any additional questions you have.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE