Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just wondering who is using any kind of 4.5 OS on their 8800. Are you ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3

Anyone Using 4.5 on 8800?

Advertisement

Just wondering who is using any kind of 4.5 OS on their 8800. Are you having any problems? I don't wanna wait for T-Mo's official release so I want to update now. Thanks.

dankhar no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am using it at the moment. I must say, I like it a lot better then the previous version. But I have 1 problem but it deals with Documents2Go. It has 2 applications, Word and Slideshow. Which ever one I pick first, makes me register the program. But after registration. That single program either Slideshow or Word which ever I clicked first to register, will no longer work. I will get errors when trying to run it. But the other will work fine.

Still haven't found a solution to this yet. But I am downloading the new update for Documents2Go and hopefully it will work out better.

[Update] Well, I just installed the new version of Documents2Go. It did nothing. Oh well. If you update, I hope you have better luck with that atleast.
    Last edited by dankhar; 06-26-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Update

wilbberry no está en línea Stack level 1

4.5 OS is the best thing that could happen to an 8800

Upgraded approx. 1 month ago and have never looked back. No issues whatsoever, but I don't use the app. that the last poster mentions. GPS works better w/ the new google software....the media player is 3000% better. Still needs about 2000% improvement...but much, much better. Stereo bluetooth is great. Stream music to my BT system in my VW GTI, talk on the phone through the speakers...stream to my wireless bluetooth headphones when I run, etc. This upgrade actually makes this device the best I have ever had.

One issue that I did find is that if you have and use Blackberry Maps...you upgrade and you will then be unable to use it. You can see icons, etc....but you cannot use it. I won't bore everybody with the details as you can search on this forum and other popular bb forums. There are several posts out there that tell you how to do it. One is mine....so you can get it back (delete svc. book, install older version, etc).

That's my experience so far w/ OS 4.5. Find it. Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbberry View Post
    Upgraded approx. 1 month ago and have never looked back. No issues whatsoever, but I don't use the app. that the last poster mentions. GPS works better w/ the new google software....the media player is 3000% better. Still needs about 2000% improvement...but much, much better. Stereo bluetooth is great. Stream music to my BT system in my VW GTI, talk on the phone through the speakers...stream to my wireless bluetooth headphones when I run, etc. This upgrade actually makes this device the best I have ever had.

One issue that I did find is that if you have and use Blackberry Maps...you upgrade and you will then be unable to use it. You can see icons, etc....but you cannot use it. I won't bore everybody with the details as you can search on this forum and other popular bb forums. There are several posts out there that tell you how to do it. One is mine....so you can get it back (delete svc. book, install older version, etc).

That's my experience so far w/ OS 4.5. Find it. Do it.
    What version of 4.5 are you using??

c0rinne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C94BF
    Upgraded a few hours ago, so far no problems. I love the changes however.

Quote Originally Posted by c0rinne View Post
    Upgraded a few hours ago, so far no problems. I love the changes however.
    Yeah I like em to. Everything's running smooth too.

stressless no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just installed this last night....I am running it on a 8830 so coming from 4.2.2, this was a nice improvement. But like everyone says beware this is a beta version. Good luck.

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Thumbs down Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Texas512 View Post
    Just wondering who is using any kind of 4.5 OS on their 8800. Are you having any problems? I don't wanna wait for T-Mo's official release so I want to update now. Thanks.
    I heard tmo had problems with the 8310 v 4.5.0.37 the simcard would burn out. Not too show about the 8800 os 4.5 tho.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    just upgraded with 8800 on tmo...i love it...no problems..
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

amsirron23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B4907
    I upgraded my 8820 to OS 4.5... it seems a bit slower though...

hotice_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does Windows Live Messenger work?

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    Quote Originally Posted by hotice_ View Post
    Does Windows Live Messenger work?
    Sure does, I'm just tryna figure out how to get the latest version of WLM. The version I have is the 2.0.46 . I'm running 4.5 on my 8800. Its the .37 version. I loves it!
    ...& that's pretty much it!

InvaderF00 no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 + 4.5.0 = SoftID No Workies

I upgraded to 4.5.0 recently on my 8800 to get some more life out of it and make the wait for the 9xxx more bearable. After some messing around I have noticed 2 things:
    Any web site with credentials/login gets a 503 error
    Same goes for non-standard ports (503 Error)
    RSA SoftID (v2.1.1) will not import a token from an attachment.

Anyone have any similar issues? Any resolutions?

I think I'm running an older beta and hopefully a newer one fixes these issue.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    4.5.0.42 here.

- Html view on bis 2.5 is working partially even when I hit 'Get Images', nothing ever loads.

- There is the issue with voicemail notification icon. Turn on paging option on voicemail so it calls you when you get a voicemail.

- Hitting 'Get images' and leaving the message going back to main hud marks the message as unread. Really weird bug. Sometimes you have 1 unread message that you cannot see even after deleting all emails on a particular account. It still shows as 1 unread.

thats all for me so far.

hotice_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    Couldn't find 4.5.0.42 so I just went ahead and installed the official Vodafone 4.5.0.37 and so far so good

Had to format my MEDIA card as stated.

Everything is running smoothly, WLM works 100%

This is on a 8800 Rogers locked bb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast