Seems like my mail was lagging real bad getting to my phone today. Anyone else ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

cowdung234 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C131DC

Anyone else having trouble w/ Yahoo Mail

Advertisement

Seems like my mail was lagging real bad getting to my phone today. Anyone else have this problem, or know why it might be happening? Is it yahoo or sprint or blackberry? I know they wont get there instantainly but its takeing like 10-15mins for e-mails to get to my phone. Any help is appreciated, Thanks,

Ryan

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Anyone else having trouble w/ Yahoo Mail

The BB email system is setup to ping an email account every 15 minutes. Once it finds an email, it forwards it to your phone based on the filters you have setup. Once it locates an email, it then pings that account every 2 minutes until it no longer finds email to forward. It then returns to the 15 min pings until it locates mail to forward and the cycle continues...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

nope no issues here in central cali
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

cowdung234 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C131DC

Thanks KalebsDad,
    i got one more Q, I could be recieving mails frequently and then all of a sudden it stops then I'll get a block of like 6 in 10 mins. I could have 6 new mails sitting in my yahoo inbox and hit reconsile now on the BB and they wont get shen over for 3 or 4 mins. Now, there are times when a second after it hits my inbox it hits the BB. I guess I should not stress. Where are the filters I shold be playing with for the mail. Thanks again!

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the weird thing that happens to me and i might be alone but sometimes my BB gets my emails before my desktop but no laggs her

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by cowdung234
    Where are the filters I shold be playing with for the mail. Thanks again!
    They are on your BIS site.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

I often use my BB as a modem for my laptop, so I get to watch simultaneously my email on my laptops's browser and pushed email on the BB. Yes, periodically there are time lags that go beyond normal operation (the checking up every 15 minutes)...and there are occasions as well when pushing is almost instantaneous. I doubt you can do much about the former... live with it! Browse, or chat, or something...

secretagent no está en línea Stack level 1

i am having the same problems with sprint and small business yahoo where i get a block of emails all at the same time (ie 6:30) and then some other trickle in and then i don't get receive any more. i keep taking the battery out of my phone which resets it and each time i do that after a while i seem to get another block of emails. but its very inconsistent and i missed a very impoirtant email today. i was a treo user before and although the blackberry is definitely sleeker and cooler, its just not reliable. i know that sprint and yahoo are having problems because this isn't the first time i have had this issue, but its worse than its ever been. i have been in contact with sprint and although the customer service rep wants to help and has provided me with his email address to contact him so he can conitue to help me, there does not seem to be a fix for this issue. i have had sprint delete my account completely, i have deleted and resent service books a million times and the only thing i haven't done is white my blackberry clean, but i am not convinved that will solve the problem. anyone have any other suggestions or should i dump the blackbery and get a treo or other pda? or dump sprint and get the blackberry through cingular or other service provider