Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have been playing with my friends 8800, and it may just be me... but ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

h3LIX no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    HEAD

Anyone come from an 83XX to a 88XX

Advertisement

I have been playing with my friends 8800, and it may just be me... but I prefer the 8800's keyboard layout over the curve's. I have an 8320 and have been contemplating going to a T-Mo 8800. So I ask this: Has anyone moved from a 8300 series to an 8800 series? The camera on my curve has never been used, so I am guessing I will not miss it. They do not stock the 8800 in T-Mobile stores, so I would have to order it, and quite frankly... if they did, I think I may have purchased it over the 8320... just waxing poetic here I guess, but I am fishing to see if I am the only one out there. Thanks!
    If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. if you work at it, it's GOLF!

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Anyone come from an 83XX to a 88XX

A lot of people complain about the 88XX series and I don't know why. I love my 8830.
    I have never had the the curve before but when vzw does I plan to get one for work if I can have my way! Just for the simply fact I use the camera a lot at work. But far as my personal phone, I don't have any complaints about my 8830. I would recomend it to anyone!

Just my 2 cents!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have a 8830 and when a frind of mine lost his 8300 series phone he liked mine so much he got 1 namely because he never used the camera

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3

I had an 8800 for a very short time, but prefer the 8300. I basis this mainly on the camera. Although I only take a few pictures every week, its still very convenient having it ready at any time.

I will have to say that I still like the 8800 keyboard...a little bigger and easier for me to use. The OEM battery capacity on the 8800 is also superior to the Curve. And of course the 8800 has the GPS feature.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

PIN/ID
    HEAD

Well, I may just keep my curve for the weekends, and buy a 8800 for the week. I dunno. I still find myself using my trusty 8700G alot as of late... I dunno why!
    If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. if you work at it, it's GOLF!

kamelwithak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E127A8

Well I had a 2 curves both on tmo the original and the 8320 and loved them both but about 2 months ago I got a 8830 on sprint and let me say idc what anyone says but its the BEST phone I have ever had because u don't need the wifi cause sprint has evdo and gps is built in keyboard is easier to use never any problems few glitched here and there but nothing a battery pull doesn't fix love it and never leaves my hand ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

princessleah no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the 8800 for about a couple of weeks and I loved it.I like the way its built, the way it felt in my hand. I must say it is sexier than the curve. But I had to switch to 8320 cus I need a camera on my phone.I wished they'd made the 8800 with a cam!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

I have both models. From my viewpoint they are equals, just slightly different in size & style of keyboard (setting aside the camera vs no camera diff).

Performance wise I find them very similar. The specific models I have are from AT&T - 8310 with GPS & 8820 with WiFi. Without using the camera on the 8310 or the WiFi on the 8820, I get the same run time from each, even though the 8820 has a higher capacity battery. As far as the keyboards go, I have large hands & it surprised me that the 8310 keyboard is my favorite & easiest to use. I believe it's the fact that the keys are individual with ample space between them. I expected to like the 8820 keyboard more but the side by side keys slow me down, as I have to look down to see which is which. I can touch type on the 8310 with great speed & much faster than any of my other BB's.

So I see it as a matter of personal preference. I would encourage anyone who is trying to make a decision to spend some time with each in the store to see which keyboard you prefer.

~via BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f

You know I had a hard tine deciding which bb to get when I got my curve and the biggest toss up was between the 8800 and the curve I like the way the 88 looks and the feel of the keyboard but I felt like I needed a camera. Everytime I go in the store I still play with the 8800 and listening to you guys talk about it I might have to make that switch to the curves big brother!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gameboy213 no está en línea Stack level 3

8830 for me and 8310 for my lady. I really like the curve, but call me crazy it feels a little cheaper.... and it makes that creak sound when I use it.... just seems more plastic like and my 8830 feels solid.
    But they are both great.

aaronnieves no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305F72EB

A buddy of mine works for Verizon Wireless and tells me they will soon be getting the Curve. I love my 8830, but the camera feature would be nice. If I can figure out a way to unglue my 8830 from my hands, I might consider it....

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by h3LIX View Post
    just waxing poetic here I guess, but I am fishing to see if I am the only one out there. Thanks!
    Different people have different preferences. Do you really need validation from others before making such a decision? Go with what you like!

PIN/ID
    HEAD

Not looking for validation, but input and feedback about their experience. I always go with what I like... but as I get older, I way my purchase decisions a bit more. And it is always fun to hear what others have to say.

PIN/ID
    HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Different people have different preferences. Do you really need validation from others before making such a decision? Go with what you like!
    See my post up above... I hope that did not sound argumentative...or arrogant. Thanks for the feedback

stavros62 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Anyone come from an 83XX to a 88XX

Had a pearl, curve, now 8800 in my opinion no comparison! 8800 by far my favorite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast