Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My voice dailing is hit or miss with certain names while others are recongnized immediately. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Anybody use Voice Dial on 8800 ?

Advertisement

My voice dailing is hit or miss with certain names while others are recongnized immediately. I have no idea why this would happen, maybe it's my accent ... ! Does it do it only with a headset or even when you speak into the handset?

pdqgp no está en línea Stack level 2

I tried it tonight with just the handset and IMO, BB/RIM needs to revamp the system. It blows compared to my aging sanyo that's spot on every time. It at least works with my saying phone numbers, but still wasn't 100%. With names it's very bad still. Oh well. One feature that doesn't work....at least the rest do.

Quote Originally Posted by tessitori
    My voice dailing is hit or miss with certain names while others are recongnized immediately. I have no idea why this would happen, maybe it's my accent ... ! Does it do it only with a headset or even when you speak into the handset?

imyopusha31 no está en línea Stack level 2

After trying it for about 5 mins....i realaized i can reall live without it..... it blows

mdlissner no está en línea Stack level 2

I have had no problem with it working with my Motorola H500 headset.

The VoiceDial program from VoiceSignal seems to have a tough time if you have a large number of contacts in your database (like the 2400 I have).

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

You should try "nuance voice control" it is supposed to be dogs B,s. It even reads your e-mails and takes dictation straight to e-mail ?

Handango has it on 30 day trial, i would try it out but it does not work in UK due to # of digits in call numbers.

Gaz

JaeDee64 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F20434

Voice Dialing works really well for me using my Jawbone with the 8800. I'm not sure if this was mentioned but you have to start Voice Dial manually from the menu so that it may read your contacts. You should only have to do this one. If you remap Voice Dial to a button but never open the program manually from the menu it will not work properly in my experience.
    Last edited by JaeDee64; 03-22-2007 at 04:26 PM.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Works fine for me. It's great for driving. I'm using a Plantronics Voyager 510 with it.

I have over 6400 contacts......

Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner
    I have had no problem with it working with my Motorola H500 headset.

The VoiceDial program from VoiceSignal seems to have a tough time if you have a large number of contacts in your database (like the 2400 I have).

natebuck no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DCC847

I can't even tell if I have voice dial on my 8700g. How do you activate it?

green no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

mine works great with the motorola hs850.No issues at all. just press the button on the ear piece and say the name.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by natebuck
    I can't even tell if I have voice dial on my 8700g. How do you activate it?
    You don't. It's only on the 8100 and 8800.

SkilletLickr no está en línea Stack level 1

I wanted to revive this thread to see if anyone had any successes or updates. Yesterday afternoon, Voice Dialing completely sh*t the bed for me while I was trying to make some work calls from my car. At one point, I was reduced to screaming profanities at the Voice Dialing lady.

Anyway, this morning I went through some old posts on the sme subject over in the 8100/Pearl forum - I think the software is the same(?). One commenter mentioned that he always uses the command "Call" before stating a name or number. I tried it and my success rate went from about 15% to at least 85%. It seems superfluous to have to say "Call" as it's not like the BB Voice Dial function can do anything else, but whatever works. I'm guessing that the software is trying to hear the word "Call" somewhere in the command and that can screw things up, i.e. "Kelly Smith" is heard as "Call Lee Smith".

I have the best luck when speaking in a sort of mocking monotone deadpan voice. I am a military brat and have almost no accent, so that seems to help as well.

Now if only we could get different voices for the prompting - why can't we have the voice of K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider or Cookie Monster or someone cool like that?

I've written the voice dialing feature off. Personally, if they can't get it to be 95% accurate or better, it's worthless for what it's intended to do and that's reduce or eliminate taking your eyes off the road while driving. Perhaps it's the number of contacts I have but regardless mine's never worked for dialing numbers or names. It understands cancel and a few other phone related tasks such as battery condition, signal strength...but all else is junk. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletLickr
    I wanted to revive this thread to see if anyone had any successes or updates. Yesterday afternoon, Voice Dialing completely sh*t the bed for me while I was trying to make some work calls from my car. At one point, I was reduced to screaming profanities at the Voice Dialing lady.

Anyway, this morning I went through some old posts on the sme subject over in the 8100/Pearl forum - I think the software is the same(?). One commenter mentioned that he always uses the command "Call" before stating a name or number. I tried it and my success rate went from about 15% to at least 85%. It seems superfluous to have to say "Call" as it's not like the BB Voice Dial function can do anything else, but whatever works. I'm guessing that the software is trying to hear the word "Call" somewhere in the command and that can screw things up, i.e. "Kelly Smith" is heard as "Call Lee Smith".

I have the best luck when speaking in a sort of mocking monotone deadpan voice. I am a military brat and have almost no accent, so that seems to help as well.

Now if only we could get different voices for the prompting - why can't we have the voice of K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider or Cookie Monster or someone cool like that?

neeeko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i find it shitty, really doesn't'recognize anything even using the "tutorial"...must have programmed that being doped and typing on the keybds using their feet... Gimme some again, i'll laugh...

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Guess I'll post my first pinstack message by saying my experience is the same as pdggp's. After a week with my new 8800, I'm absolutely crazy about it except for the utterly useless voice dialing program.

I've used desktop VR software off & on for years with no problems but this one stinks. I tried my old Motorola H500 first, and now have a Jawbone. I also ran the tutorial that trains the 8800 for number recognition, and have no problem pairing either to the BB. Number recognition is around 50% if I'm lucky. Name reconition alwayspulls up names from my address book, but less than 10% are even close. Results are poor regardless of background noise, etc. I've also tried adjusting the rejection settings.

I would love to hear from anyone who has solved this one, as the 8800 is otherwise the device I've.waited for for years. Thanks for any help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast