Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

massive discounts via Corporate pricing plus said corporation paying for your devices --> means --> ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Re: Anybody got an inside scoop (price?)

Advertisement

massive discounts via Corporate pricing plus said corporation paying for your devices --> means --> new phone every 12-18 months.

I agree the 8700 series is far from obsolete compared to the 8800 series. This is different where the 8700 make the 7290 (and earlier devices) practically obsolete overnight. So I expect the 8700 to hold some value, and the 8800 to be priced still above that.

That target audience I see for the 8800 are people that upgrade their BB every 12 months, have to have the latest, or are willing to pay real money to have a thinner, more svelte device. So you bought a 7290, then traded up to the 8700 after about a year. then either this year you upgrade to the 8800 or wait another year with your 8700 then move to the 90XX series.

When you think about it 2 years with one phone is a long time. Switching out each year isn't too bad assume you either have the personal funds for it or if your company is willing to subsidize it to you as a perk for doing your job exceptionally well. We generally reward out top performers with new devices each year. simple perk, really.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Anybody got an inside scoop (price?)

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I do feel for Mac users. My point on the battery is not just to "remove" for sake of removing it, but as replacing it. And by the time the iPhone is released or shortly thereafter, we are looking at 4gb MicroSD being in the market. We're close now. At that point, I'm golden. At the end of 07 with the 9xxx and perhaps even higher capacity removeable memory..........

Makes sense, but you can also imagine that in the very near future Apple will upgrade the iPhone from 8g to a much higher capacity (15g, 30g, etc) than any card will hold. For me, I have no reason to be removing the memory card on a regular basis. Any photos or music are already in sync with your iTunes library and the iPhone. Hopefully the battery will live up to the advertising, but I'm sure it will improve as they go, too. I'm always near a computer or car charger so its really not an issue.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    Makes sense, but you can also imagine that in the very near future Apple will upgrade the iPhone from 8g to a much higher capacity (15g, 30g, etc) than any card will hold. For me, I have no reason to be removing the memory card on a regular basis. Any photos or music are already in sync with your iTunes library and the iPhone. Hopefully the battery will live up to the advertising, but I'm sure it will improve as they go, too. I'm always near a computer or car charger so its really not an issue.
    So what happens when you phone is broken and 10 gigs on your downloaded materials on that phone go up in flames..... eg water damage, dropped, manufacture defect. You cant remove the memory, you have to send it in to Apple to get it fixed, and now all of your personal info is in the hands of some random person..... removable memory make sense... How many people just have a computer with no removable disc drive, or cd burner?Would you buy a computer with just a hard drive?

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    I agree! Here are the just released prices for the BB 8800. For $500, I can get an iPhone in June (I'm a Mac user) that will actually sync with my computer and it will have OSX, Wi-Fi, an iPod, GSM Quad Band, Real Internet Browsing, Visual Email, and on and on....

Just got a tip from one of my Cingular sources givin' us a heads up on the pricing for the BlackBerry 8800. It will go as follows

$299 with 2-year activation
    $499 to buy it outright
    $50 mail-in-rebate will be available in March
    The Cingular version will start shipping on February 20th.
    500 dollars with a two year contract is good????? Visual email that only works with Yahoo??????? No keyboard, no removable anything, only works on one network.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I think we're moving off topic. Let's get back to 8800 pricing for various carriers, and debate about the iPhone elsewhere.

-Bob
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Boy Genius posted leaked prices of $299 for eligible upgrades/new 2yr contracts and $499 to buy out right for Cingular.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    So what happens when you phone is broken and 10 gigs on your downloaded materials on that phone go up in flames..... eg water damage, dropped, manufacture defect. You cant remove the memory, you have to send it in to Apple to get it fixed, and now all of your personal info is in the hands of some random person..... removable memory make sense... How many people just have a computer with no removable disc drive, or cd burner?Would you buy a computer with just a hard drive?
    The same is true of my BB 8700g! There is no memory card! If the phone fails based on your comment (phone is broken and 10 gigs on your downloaded materials on that phone go up in flames..... eg water damage, dropped, manufacture defect), I still have to send it in,

AND as a Mac user I don't even have a desktop manager to deal with the issue!! With the iPhone, ALL my info will be on my computer (Calendar, Contacts, Bookmarks, Music, Email, and on)!! Synched just like an iPod..Windows or Mac.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    500 dollars with a two year contract is good????? Visual email that only works with Yahoo??????? No keyboard, no removable anything, only works on one network.
    Its ATT/Cingular where most of the BB users are, too!

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by mistadobolin
    I think we're moving off topic. Let's get back to 8800 pricing for various carriers, and debate about the iPhone elsewhere.

-Bob
    I hear ya..sorry. The price seems to be fair, and given some time, there will be deals like Amazon and others knocking it down.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~T-mobile: $299.99 with new activation and 2-year contract. $449.99 full retail.
    P.S. I may be off by $50 on the full retail-it might be $499.99. I'm not 100% sure.

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by jlesh
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~T-mobile: $299.99 with new activation and 2-year contract. $449.99 full retail.
    P.S. I may be off by $50 on the full retail-it might be $499.99. I'm not 100% sure.
    where did you get that from?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123