Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am about ready to upgrade to a 8700g, I might settle for ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Re: Anybody got an inside scoop (price?)

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am about ready to upgrade to a 8700g, I might settle for this phone and get the 8800 for my gf

winste no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm wondering what it will be through a discounter like letstalk.com. (Not an endorsement) You can get a Pearl or a 8700 for free after MIR. I wonder how much the 8800 will be. My contract with Verizon is up on 3/31 and I'll probably be switching since they are selling 8703 to new customers for $150 vs $250 for New-Ever-Two upgrades?!?

Kent1Sal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203ab870

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I know for a fact that's its first out on cingy followed verizon sprint and I haven't seen anything for tmobile
    Worldwide vodafone is first with it

Kent1Sal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203ab870

As we speak even on cingular comercials err at&t it shows their new unity plan and u see for a split second the 8800 in all its glory

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Kent1Sal
    As we speak even on cingular comercials err at&t it shows their new unity plan and u see for a split second the 8800 in all its glory
    yeah the first time I saw that I was jumping up and down, the rest of my fam was like wtf? lol

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am about ready to upgrade to a 8700g, I might settle for this phone and get the 8800 for my gf
    come on now, you should do it the other way around, be a little hedonistic, lol

twistone no está en línea Stack Professional

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the price of the pearl is $199 for new customers on both at&t and t-mo so I can't imagine the 8800 being more than $350 for new or upgrading customers

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kent1Sal
    I know for a fact that's its first out on cingy followed verizon sprint and I haven't seen anything for tmobile
    Worldwide vodafone is first with it
    Since you seem certain, do you have a feel for how soon after Cing, it will come out on VZW?

sean350z no está en línea Stack level 1

This makes me feel good considering I just bought a 8700g for $24.95 . I can wait for a while until I get the 88-8900.

jr_sy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

In my opinion (in my case -> 8703e owner)... the 8800 is not worth it in terms of time (just a year for the 9xxx series and $$$) anyone who invest in the 88XX series now will be like the WinMo users who will buy devices with Crossbow: will be released to manufacturer in Q4 2006 ready for release in Q1/Q2 of 2007 and that the next operating system (codenamed "Photon") will be released to manufacturers in Q4 2007 ready for release in Q1/Q2 2008.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Anybody got an inside scoop (price?)

Quote Originally Posted by jr_sy
    In my opinion (in my case -> 8703e owner)... the 8800 is not worth it in terms of time (just a year for the 9xxx series and $$$) anyone who invest in the 88XX series now will be like the WinMo users who will buy devices with Crossbow: will be released to manufacturer in Q4 2006 ready for release in Q1/Q2 of 2007 and that the next operating system (codenamed "Photon") will be released to manufacturers in Q4 2007 ready for release in Q1/Q2 2008.
    I agree! Here are the just released prices for the BB 8800. For $500, I can get an iPhone in June (I'm a Mac user) that will actually sync with my computer and it will have OSX, Wi-Fi, an iPod, GSM Quad Band, Real Internet Browsing, Visual Email, and on and on....

Just got a tip from one of my Cingular sources givin' us a heads up on the pricing for the BlackBerry 8800. It will go as follows

$299 with 2-year activation
    $499 to buy it outright
    $50 mail-in-rebate will be available in March
    The Cingular version will start shipping on February 20th.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

And with that iPhone, you get no removeable memory, no removable battery( so when it dies, it dies. My iPod barely holds a charge after 45 min of use now and its only 18 months old, and I use it MAYBE 10 hours a week) and without the tactile feel of a keyboard. I know this device will probably outsell even the most liberal estimates, but there won't be one purchased in my household. I'll stick with my iPod and pearl and upgrade to the 9xxx when released. As with all devices, to each their own

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Anybody got an inside scoop (price?)

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    And with that iPhone, you get no removeable memory, no removable battery( so when it dies, it dies. My iPod barely holds a charge after 45 min of use now and its only 18 months old, and I use it MAYBE 10 hours a week) and without the tactile feel of a keyboard. I know this device will probably outsell even the most liberal estimates, but there won't be one purchased in my household. I'll stick with my iPod and pearl and upgrade to the 9xxx when released. As with all devices, to each their own

I get your point, but where I would differ with you is that I never remove my BB battery except when I have to reset the thing (very rare) for new software. And with 4g or 8g onboard, where are you going to get that level of memory anyway! You should think about trading or selling your iPod as I have a 30g Video iPod which is in constant use and I consistently get over 10 hours of use on it per charge. For me, it is all about easy synchronization which RIM does not offer to its Mac users even after all this time.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

I do feel for Mac users. My point on the battery is not just to "remove" for sake of removing it, but as replacing it. And by the time the iPhone is released or shortly thereafter, we are looking at 4gb MicroSD being in the market. We're close now. At that point, I'm golden. At the end of 07 with the 9xxx and perhaps even higher capacity removeable memory..........

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom
    Does anybody have an inside scoop on the price of the 88xx?

I am unsure whether I can afford this phone or settle for the 8700g.

Rumored Cingular prices, courtesy of BoyGenius, are:

$299 with 2 yr plan
    $499 without a plan

$50 mail in rebate in March

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast