I get well over 100 emails a day, and so finding anything on my BB ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Any way to quickly scroll to the top of my email list??

Advertisement

I get well over 100 emails a day, and so finding anything on my BB can be a challenge. However, there is one "feature" of my BB 8830 that I find most frustrating and that I cant seem to find a workaround. Sometimes (and I cant determine how this happens) when I go to my inbox the highlighted email is no longer the most recent (i.e. the one at the top of the list) and could be as far back as this morning or yesterday (which means I might have to scroll up for 30 seconds!). Is there a "quick scroll" or shortcut that gets me back to the top of the list when this happens? Scrolling through hundreds of emails just trying to read a new one that came in is very frustrating and time consuming. Suggestions?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Any way to quickly scroll to the top of my email list??

Yup -- read your Getting Started Guide or download a copy from Blackberry.com if you lost or didn't receive one. It lists a lot of the shortcuts which you should become familiar with. Also, search BlackberryForums.com for Stinsonddog's tip sheets which also cover the shortcuts and other useful tips.

What you need to do is hit T to get to the top of your message list.

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks "T" worked perfectly.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

Or you can use the 'ALT+Trackball' and it speedy scrolls up.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Basically, what the "problem" is, is that you're put back at the last message read before you exited last time. This puts all the newer messages above it.

Some users don't like that it does this and would rather see the new messages right away. Others like to continue reading where they left off, especially if they didn't finish reading all the new previous mail or was about to reply to an important one.

But yeah, "T" will get ya to the top ("B" for bottom, Spacebar for Page Down).
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.